Video shows ISIS bomber kill two soldiers and two civilians in Syria

Video shows ISIS bomber kill two soldiers and two civilians in Syria

Terrifying moment ISIS suicide bomber blows up Syrian restaurant, killing two US soldiers and two American civilians

  • Video shows the moment the explosion occurred in Manbij, Syria, on Wednesday
  • Officials said the explosion killed two US soldiers and two American civilians  
  • ISIS claimed responsibility for the blast, which happened outside a restaurant
  • Comes after President Donald Trump called for US forces to withdraw from Syria

A terrifying video shows the moment an ISIS suicide bomber killed two US soldiers and two American civilians in a horrific attack in Syria. 

The video shows civilians walking down a street near what is believed to be a restaurant just moments before the bomb goes off. 

According to local reports, the soldiers were inside the restaurant when the bomber detonated the device outside. Three other soldiers were injured.

In the video, civilians were thrown to the ground by the blast as others are seen running for their lives.

A terrifying video shows the moment an ISIS suicide bomber killed two US soldiers and two American civilians in a horrific attack in Syria. The video shows civilians walking down a street near what is believed to be a restaurant just moments before the bomb goes off

According to local reports, the soldiers were inside the restaurant when the bomber detonated the device outside

A US official who declined to be named confirmed the casualties after the explosion. 

Only two servicemen had been killed prior to Wednesday’s blast, along with two non-combatants.

It comes after President Donald Trump ordered US troops to withdraw from the country, claiming ISIS had been defeated. 

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said 16 people died in total including at least nine civilians while dozens more were wounded. 

ISIS propaganda agency Amaq said the terror group was responsible for the attack. 

‘A suicide attack carried out with an explosives vest hit an international coalition patrol in the city of Manbij,’ the organization said via social media. 

Civilians were thrown to the ground by the blast as others are seen running for their lives (pictured)

The attack marks the biggest single loss of life by US force during the Syrian war. Only two servicemen had been killed prior to Wednesday’s blast, along with two non-combatants

Other video from the scene showed a coalition helicopter landing to take the injured away. 

US military Col Sean Ryan said they were ‘aware of open source reports regarding an explosion in Syria’.

He added: ‘Coalition forces conducted a routine patrol in Syria today. We are still gathering information and will share additional details at a later time.’ 


  • Briton and US businessman are among 14 killed in Islamist…


    ISIS fighter from Texas says watching beheadings and…

Share this article

One of the men was said to have been ‘very seriously’ hurt while the other escaped with non-life-threatening injuries’. 

Photos showed blood plastered along the restaurant’s pillars when the smoke from the explosion finally settled.  

The blast comes as America begins withdrawing from Syria following Trump’s shock announcement that he was bringing all troops home. 

Photos showed blood plastered along the restaurant’s pillars when the smoke from the explosion finally settled

A total of 16 people, including at least nine civilians, were killed in the blast according to the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights

Ground equipment started being withdrawn from the country last Thursday, according to CNN, with the exact timetable for full withdrawal unclear.

While Trump has made it clear that all 2,000 troops would be leaving with Turkey taking over the fight against ISIS, other administration officials have been less clear.

John Bolton, Trump’s National Security Adviser, said the US would not leave until it had received guarantees from Turkey that its Kurdish allies would not be attacked.

Turkey considers some Kurdish groups, including those who helped in the fight against ISIS, to be terrorist organizations. 

Manbij, which has been occupied by Kurdish YPG forces since they seized it from ISIS in 2016, has become a flashpoint in the withdrawal plans.

The blast comes almost a month after President Trump called for US forces to withdraw from Syria, claiming the ISIS had been defeated

American troops (pictured) began patrolling Manbij several weeks ago in an attempt to stave off attacks by Turkish-backed Syrian forces which occupy several nearby towns

While Trump has made it clear that all 2,000 troops would be leaving with Turkey taking over the fight against ISIS, other administration officials have been less clear

The YPG fear that, after America has gone, towns like Manbij will be attacked by Turkey in an attempt to drive them out.

American troops began patrolling Manbij several weeks ago in an attempt to stave off attacks by Turkish-backed Syrian forces which occupy several nearby towns.

Kurdish forces also reached out to Damascus, which is controlled by dictator Bashar al-Assad, for assistance as tensions grew.

Syrian government troops began massing near the town shortly after Christmas, according to The Guardian. 

Source: Read Full Article