A WOMAN who caught fire at a petrol station has tragically died from her injuries.
The 53-year-old was filmed on fire on the forecourt before a hero bystander whipped off his shirt to extinguish the flames.
She is understood to have moments before covered herself in petrol at the BP garage in Cosham, Hants, on Sunday.
The woman was rushed to hospital with serious injuries but sadly couldn't be saved and passed away yesterday.
Hampshire Constabulary said: "We were called at 10.35am on November 1 to a report of a concern for welfare for a woman at the Cosham filling station in Northern Road, Portsmouth.
"The 53-year-old woman was taken to hospital with serious burns. We can now confirm that she has sadly died in hospital.
"Her next of kin have been informed and are being supported. The death is not being treated as suspicious."
Shocking footage showed the woman in flames before a the quick-thinking hero rushed to her aid.
Three other people armed with fire extinguishers also ran over and managed to put an inferno raging by a nearby petrol pump out.
South Central Ambulance Service previously confirmed the woman was taken to hospital with serious burns.
They also treated the good Samaritans who had run over to help her but said no one else was seriously injured.
Praising their actions, a spokesperson said: "When it comes to incidents such as these, swift treatment is vital and it’s important to stop the burning process as soon as possible, so the swift actions of our staff and members of the public were not only courageous but would have also given the best possible chance for the patient to recover."
Source: Read Full Article