Record label boss who filmed himself firing guns from penthouse while shouting about Tupac 'wanted attention from cops'

Record label boss who filmed himself firing guns from penthouse while shouting about Tupac 'wanted attention from cops'

A RECORD label boss who filmed himself firing handguns from his penthouse while shouting about Tupac wanted 'attention' from police, a jury heard today.

Michael Alunomoh posted live Instagram footage of himself shooting into the air from Marina Point East in Chatham Dockside, Kent.

Neighbours heard shots from the block of flats before seeing the 34-year-old pacing along his balcony around 8.30am on April 22 last year.

Armed police were deployed and Alunomoh was arrested.

Officers seized a number of weapons, including two Eagle, blank-firing 9mm self-loading pistols and a Camp assault rifle.

On the balcony were 75 shell casings, with a further five on the floor of the master bedroom.


Alunomoh denies three offences of possessing imitation firearms with intent to cause fear of violence.

He claims a voice in his head told him to 'disturb the peace' that morning so police would arrest him and give him the treatment he needed.

But he denied when interviewed by officers that he wanted to scare people or had aimed the imitation guns anywhere other than into the air.

A jury at Maidstone Crown Court, Kent, was told the dad-of-one had telephoned police the previous evening saying he was not happy and that 'something was wrong'.

At one point he saw him firing a gun in both hands shouting about Tupac

Prosecutor Dominic Connolly said witnesses watching from the ground or neighbouring apartment blocks were shocked and feared for their safety as the shooting occurred, with multiple 999 calls being made.

They saw Alunomoh wearing bright yellow headphones and ranting from his balcony, firing numerous rounds – at times with guns in both hands – and striking a weapon against the railings.

Mr Connolly said Alunomoh also had an assault rifle slung across his shoulder, and could be heard shouting 'F*** the police' and 'Call the police'.

He told the jury several people filmed Alunomoh on their mobile phones, while another, Giovanni Agneli, watched through binoculars from his flat opposite and was able to assist armed police as to what was happening.

"Mr Agneli was woken up by what he described as a popping noise. He looked out and saw Mr Alunomoh on his balcony, waving his arms around and holding some sort of handgun," said the prosecutor.

"He saw Mr Alunomoh fire some more shots and shout 'Call the police, I'm going crazy'. Mr Agneli did just that, dialling 999.

"He watched for some 20 or so minutes as Mr Alunomoh went in and out his apartment, firing the guns.

"Each time a gun was fired he could see a shell casing fall to the floor. At one point he saw him firing a gun in both hands shouting about Tupac which appears, from what Mr Alunomoh says later to police, was a reference to American rap artist Tupac Shakur."

When interviewed by police, Alunomoh described how he was 'controlled' by the voice in his head, but would only be told to help, not hurt anyone.

The jury was told three psychiatrists had all agreed Alunomoh was suffering from a mental health condition.

Alunomoh told police he had been diagnosed with schizophrenia in Nigeria about a year or two before he came to the UK in 2013.

The court heard he described collecting his weapons as a hobby and referred to them as 'men's toys'.

Of the incident that morning, he said the voice had told him to 'trust him' and that 'When you fire, they will listen'.

"I was shooting. I was not killing anybody. I was just doing my own thing because it's still in my head. I kept shooting. Bang, bang, bang  bang. Then the police came and I said 'You have to treat me, you have to help me'," he told the interviewing officers.

He denied his intention was to scare people. "If it was, I would be shooting, I would be aiming. I was just doing it to the sky and shouting 'Call the police'."

The trial continues.

    Source: Read Full Article