Prosecutors said they’re still investigating the criminal case against a Rockland County dad charged in the deaths of his 1-year-old twins, whom he forgot inside a sweltering car for eight hours.
Juan Rodriguez appeared in Bronx Criminal Court on Tuesday for a brief hearing during which prosecutors said for a second time that no grand jury action has been taken.
The 39-year-old Iraq war veteran is charged with two counts of manslaughter and two counts of criminally negligent homicide in the July 26 deaths of tots Phoenix and Luna.
He is free on $100,000 bail.
Prosecutors have six months to present a case to the grand jury, which would decide whether to indict Rodriguez on the felony charges. At the dad’s last court hearing, prosecutors said they had yet to do so pending their probe.
The twins were laid to rest in an emotional funeral earlier this month.
Rodriguez returns to court Sept. 24.
Source: Read Full Article