The top of the range 4×4 Discovery, costing £68,000, was spotted arriving at the 97-year-old's residence in Norfolk after his crash on the A419 at Babingley, Norfolk on Thursday afternoon.
The black vehicle was seen being loaded off a delivery truck outside the property before being taken inside.
Security stood by as the car arrived – the day after the crash saw Prince Philip having to be pulled from the wreckage after his car collided with a Kia.
One woman suffered a broken wrist, and the other had cuts on her knee in the smash – with a nine-month-old baby in their Kia luckily escaping injuries.
Philip visited a local hospital today on doctor's advice.
A Palace spokeswoman said: "The Duke of Edinburgh visited the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn this morning for a precautionary check-up.
"This confirmed His Royal Highness had no injuries of concern. The duke has returned to Sandringham."
The spokeswoman added: "Contact has been made privately with the occupants in the other car and well-wishes exchanged."
Norfolk Constabulary today confirmed they were investigating.
The Prince was heard telling emergency services he had been "dazzled by the sun" moments before the crash.
The shock pile-up also saw…
- A shaken-up Prince Philip breathalysed by cops after rolling his Land Rover near Sandringham on Thursday afternoon.
- The 97-year-old told police he had been 'dazzled by the sun' before the crash.
- Harrowing footage emerging of his smashed-up motor flipped on its side.
- Prince Charles' warnings that his father should have quit driving following a hip replacement ignored.
- Prince Philip is now being closely monitored by the Queen's doctors.
- Norfolk Constabulary confirm the female Kia driver, 28, suffered cuts to her knees and passenger, 45, broke her wrist in the crash. The nine-month-old baby was uninjured.
- Norfolk County Council today approved new safety measures on the section of the A149 where the crash unfolded after it was the scene of five deaths in just six years.
PULLED FROM THE WRECKAGE
It comes after witnesses relived how the Duke's Land Rover "came across the A149 like a somersault" – having to pull the Queen's husband from the flipped car's wreckage.
Roy Warne, 75, eased the elderly man out of the car, saying: "I looked down and had the Prince's blood on my hands.
"All I could think is, thank goodness there wasn't more."
The barrister said Prince Philip was trapped in the wreckage, saying to rescuers: "My legs! Where should I put my legs."
Investigating officers breathalysed the elderly royal in the wake of the crash, confirming he and the other driver had both tested negative.
Shaken Philip is now being cared for by royal doctors and the Queen is by his side at the Sandringham estate.
Royal insider Ingrid Seward said the Duke's family – and particularly his wife the Queen – would be sure to step in to counsel the elderly prince after the crash.
She added: "I think it will be the Queen, and I suspect his children and grandchildren will chime in and say enough is enough we don't want to lose you like this.
"It will be the Queen, she'll be the only one who can really tell him. "
Locals have previously described the A149 as "one of the busiest roads in Norfolk", with it the scene of five deaths in just six years.
Norfolk County Council today approved plans for new safety measures on the section of the A149 where the Duke of Edinburgh's crash unfolded.
The crash has reignited debate over elderly drivers, as there are no laws set in place as to when you have to stop driving.
A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman confirmed the duke was driving when the incident happened.
She added: "He saw a doctor as a precaution and the doctor confirmed he was not injured."
A Norfolk Constabulary spokesperson said: "As is standard procedure with injury collisions, the incident will be investigated and any appropriate action taken."
Source: Read Full Article