Prince Andrew is accused of not carrying out charity work despite pledging to do so following settlement with Virginia Giuffre – as he is seen on his weekly horse ride
- Prince Andrew paid millions in an out-of-court settlement to Virginia Giuffre
- Duke of York’s royal career came crashing down but he pledged to make amends
- He said that he wanted to support the ‘fight against the evils of sex trafficking’
- It is alleged that charity proposals have so far been ‘stalled’ and he’s ‘lost focus’
Prince Andrew has been accused of not yet carrying out any charity work despite pledging to make amends for his sex abuse scandal.
It has been reported that the disgraced Duke of York has instead been playing golf, horse riding and enjoying life at his home, the Royal Lodge.
The Duke was in fact pictured today on his weekly ride in Windsor, where his horse could be seen with a poppy pinned to its bridle.
The 62-year-old’s royal career ended in disgrace after he was forced to pay millions of pounds in an out-of-court settlement to sex abuse accuser Virginia Giuffre earlier this year.
She claimed he sexually abused her three times in 2001 when she was 17 after being trafficked by disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein, though Andrew has consistently denied any wrongdoing.
The settlement was not an admission of liability, but the Queen’s supposedly favourite son was stripped of his royal patronages and honorary military titles.
Prince Andrew has been heavily criticised after claims that he has not yet carried out any charity work since pledging to make amends for his sex abuse scandal. Pictured: The Duke earlier today on a ride with his horse
The disgraced Duke of York has instead been playing golf, horse riding and enjoying life at his home, the Royal Lodge in Windsor
At the time of Andrew’s settlement, a statement said that the Duke would show his remorse by ‘supporting the fight against the evils of sex trafficking, and by supporting its victims’.
And a friend said that there were a ‘number of charitable proposals under active consideration’.
However, the latest allegations from the Sun claim that many proposals to go through with charity work have ‘stalled’ after Buckingham Palace permission was sought.
Nigel Cawthorne, author of Prince Andrew: Epstein, Maxwell and the Palace, said: ‘Surely he can find a charity somewhere in the world that will have him?
‘His reputation cannot get any worse and is a stain on the but doing charity work will take the edge off and show a little bit of contrition.’
Ghislaine Maxwell dragged Prince Andrew back into the Jeffrey Epstein scandal after referring to him as a ‘dear friend’ in an exclusive interview from behind prison walls. Pictured: The pair together at Ladies’ Day at Royal Ascot in 2000
Despite Andrew’s daughters Beatrice and Eugenie reportedly begging Charles to return to royal duties, the King ‘rebutted pleas’
Sources claim that the Prince has ‘lost focus’ after his attempts were regularly blocked.
Andrew was further dragged back into the Epstein scandal last month after the paedophile’s conspirator Ghislaine Maxwell hailed the Duke of York as a ‘dear friend’.
Her bombshell comments – in a world-exclusive prison interview with The Mail on Sunday – contradict Andrew’s denial to a US court that they had been close.
Maxwell, who was convicted of helping Epstein abuse teenage girls, failed to deny suggestions that she and Andrew had been a couple, and declared: ‘I care about him.’
At one stage Prince Andrew was a patron hundreds of charities and other bodies, but he was stripped of his remaining patronages after the Palace said he would not carry out ‘any public duties’ at the start of the year.
A spokesman for the Duke of York declined to comment.
Source: Read Full Article