A MIRACLE baby born under the earthquake rubble in Syria was rescued just minutes after entering the world.
The tot was pulled to safety after her courageous mother delivered the little girl under the weight of the wreckages of toppled buildings.
The pregnant woman is believed to have been trapped under the debris for over a day in the northeastern town of Jenderes.
She reportedly sadly died shortly after giving birth to the child surrounded by the devastation of Turkey's terrifying earthquakes.
Harrowing footage captured the moment one eagle-eyed rescuer plucked the infant from under the rubble.
The man was forced to navigate through the maze of twisted metal, crumbled concrete and barbed wire with the newborn in his arms.
READ MORE ON EARTHQUAKES
Sun launches Earthquake Appeal to help victims of huge quakes in Turkey & Syria
Turkey earthquake sparks 100ft inferno as burst gas pipe sends flames into sky
He carried the little girl to safety as she took her first breaths, while another man races after him with a dusty green blanket.
The comforter was hastily chucked towards the bloke so he could bundle the baby up to keep her warm and alive.
Bystanders were seen watching the emotive rescue in awe, bemused by the wonder of new life in the depths of destruction.
The tot is now being cared for, but her parents were reportedly tragically killed in the deadly earthquake.
Most read in The Sun
Massive emergency response seen 5 miles from where mum-of-two disappeared
Missing Nicola's partner issues heartbreaking voicenote 10 days into search
Cops seen near where Nicola disappeared as dive leader says phone may be decoy
New photo of mum & dog from day she vanished is released as cops give update
It is understood that the mum had been displaced from Syria's Deir Ezzor region by the brutal war, before heading to Jenderes some seven hours away.
Social media users suspected the video was filmed in a rural area close to the city of Aleppo, Syria's former commercial hub – which the earthquake wreaked havoc on.
The baby's rescue has become a symbol of hope as aid teams, emergency services and locals race against the clock to find survivors.
At least 1,602 people have been killed in Syria and another 3,500 injured after the 7.8-magnitude earthquake rocked Turkey on Monday.
Northern regions were ravaged by the double shocks, as buildings violently shook from side to side.
Buildings already damaged by years of civil war collapsed in areas that are home to millions of refugees.
The World Health Organisation's senior emergency officer Adelheid Marschang warned Syria's humanitarian needs demand a stronger response to the crisis.
Trauma and emergency surgical kits are among the supplies being dispatched to deal with casualties in the war-torn nation that is battling a recent cholera outbreak.
Ms Marschang said: "This is a crisis on top of multiple crises in the affected region.
"All over Syria, the needs are the highest after nearly 12 years of protracted, complex crisis, while humanitarian funding continues to decline."
The WHO warned the total death toll of earthquake victims could rocket to more than 20,000 in the coming days.
Homes and hospitals have already been devastated by aerial bombardments over the last decade.
The United Nations have warned aid efforts will hampered due to the harsh winter weather, damage to roads and fuel shortages.
The organisation said 70 per cent of Syria's population required help, even before the earthquakes struck.
At least 20 detainees at a Syrian prison – believed to be jihadists – escaped after the tremors damaged the jail, AFP reports.
Inmates are said to have "started to mutiny" before taking control of the prison in the town of Rajo near the Turkish border.
The facility holds about 2,000 inmates, with about 1,300 of them suspected to be IS fighters, said an official at the jail.
After the shudders – some of the biggest for 100 years – reigned terror on Turkey, the nation's death toll has risen to at least 3,419, vice-president Fuat Oktay said.
Read More on The Sun
Watch as woman removes rude passenger’s bare feet from armrest with simple trick
Dad begs for help as he reveals he hates his five-year-old son
Ex-Chelsea player Christian Atsu was found alive after being buried underneath the rubble until rescuers reportedly heard his voice.
The Sun has launched an urgent Earthquake Appeal to help the response to the destruction and loss of life in Turkey and Syria.
Source: Read Full Article