North Korea fired what observers said were two more ballistic missiles into the sea Saturday, a day after it vowed to remain America’s biggest threat in protest of US-led sanctions on the country.
With the completion of 10-day military drills between the US and South Korea that the North considers rehearsal for an invasion, the rogue nation had been expected to halt weapons tests, the Associated Press reported. Instead, it launched its seventh test since President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s June meeting in the Demilitarized Zone.
The launches have made it harder to restart talks between US and North Korean negotiators over Pyongyang’s nuclear weapons and ballistic missile programs, according to Reuters. Those talks have been stalled since the Hanoi summit between Trump and Kim in February.
Trump downplayed the latest launch.
“Kim Jong Un has been, you know, pretty straight with me,” the president said as he was leaving for the G7 Summit in France. “He likes testing missiles but we never restricted short-range missiles. We’ll see what happens.”
Source: Read Full Article