Mum’s warning as baby burned & blinded after rolling off bed, turning on hairdryer and blasting herself with hot air

Mum’s warning as baby burned & blinded after rolling off bed, turning on hairdryer and blasting herself with hot air

A BABY was left blinded and with horrific burns to her head and neck in a freak accident with a hair dryer.

Sienna Robbins had been sleeping on her parents' double bed when she rolled onto the floor and managed to turn on the dryer that was lying nearby.



The hot blast from the hair dryer left the baby with second and third degree burns on her head and neck that required urgent surgery.

Her eyes were also swollen shut, leaving her blind for three days.

Sienna is currently in Adelaide’s Women’s and Children’s Hospital.

Here she was expected to need surgery every two days over the next six weeks while her traumatised parents camp by her bedside.

Mum Dannielle Robbins said she and husband Levi had been playing board games in the lounge room with their family when the accident happened on Saturday night.

Speaking on a GoFundMe page she set up to help with costs, Dannielle said: "Sienna’s room is right near the lounge so I put her in our room so we didn’t wake her.

With the hair dryer on her she has suffered second and third degree burns on her head and down her neck

"I checked on her every 15 mins and I put barricades on either side of the bed so she wouldn’t crawl off (our bed is low to the ground)."

But when Dannielle heard the hair dryer going, she said she "raced" to check on Sienna, and found her rolled on her back on the floor with terrible burns to her head and neck. 

She said: "With the hair dryer on her she has suffered second and third degree burns on her head and down her neck.

"I yelled for Levi to call an ambulance, stripped us both down and jumped into the cold shower and put her on the breast while I poured cold water all over her head over and over again."

She was taken to hospital with huge blisters forming on her head, the infant’s eyes swollen shut, rendering her blind.


Following one operation, Sienna’s parents were told she’d need many more and that her hair "most likely will not grow back in some heavily burnt areas on her head".

Dannielle said: "We, as her parents, are shattered that anything like this could happen to our little angel.

"We have spent the last four days sleep-deprived, not eating or drinking well and emotionally drained from the pain we see our baby in constantly.

"We have cried for days on end for our little girl and wish we could take her pain as our own."

On Facebook, Dannielle – a nurse – described feeling "like the most horrible parents in the world", following the shock accident.

    Source: Read Full Article