Meghan Markle’s estranged half-brother tells her to ‘show some support for your dad’ after the Duchess made unannounced visit to Uvalde – but has not visited her father following his stroke
- Thomas Markle Jr has urged Meghan Markle to help after their father, Thomas Markle, had a stroke last week
- The 55-year-old called on his half-sister to ‘stop this vicious PR attack’ and to show for support her ailing dad
- Her half-brother also hit out at her trip to the site of the Uvalde mass shooting, describing it as ‘insensitive’
- He said despite reports the Duchess of Sussex wants to heal the rift with her father, she has not contacted him
Meghan Markle’s estranged half-brother has told her to ‘show some support for your dad’ after the Duchess made an unannounced visit to Uvalde, but has not visited her father following his stroke.
Her older half-sibling, Thomas Markle Jr, said he thought her trip to the scene of the fatal Texas school shooting was ‘the most insensitive thing I’ve seen in my life’.
The Duchess of Sussex travelled hundreds of miles to the town of Uvalde to pay her respects to the 19 children and two teachers who were tragically killed in a mass shooting last week.
The 55-year-old said he felt the trip was a ‘publicity stunt’ and pleaded for her to ‘stop the vicious PR attack’ and support her estranged father, Thomas Markle, who has just been released from hospital after suffering a stroke last week.
Speaking to Dan Wootton Tonight on GB News, Thomas Jr said his father was disappointed as he had been planning to travel to the UK for the Queen’s Jubilee celebrations, something the 77-year-old cannot do as he recovers from the stroke.
Earlier this week there were reports 40-year-old Meghan was ‘trying to heal four-year rift’ with her estranged father, but that she was concerned about the involvement of her half-siblings Thomas Jr and Samantha, as she ‘believes they have their own agendas’.
And speaking to Dan Wootton, her elder sibling Thomas Jr was unrelenting in his criticism of her, saying she had not attempted to reach out to him or her father.
Thomas Markle Jr, half-brother of Meghan, has urged his sibling to show some support for her father after he suffered a stroke last week
Meghan Markle places a bouquet of white roses at the memorial outside Uvalde County Courthouse on May 26. Her half-brother said it was ‘the most insensitive thing I’ve seen in my life’
When asked by the host about Meghan’s trip to Uvalde, he said: ‘It feels like a publicity stunt. She wants people to think she’s trying to solve things.
‘I don’t know what her agenda is, but it’s totally wrong. It’s the most insensitive thing I’ve seen in my life.
‘That little walk she did, like she was on a stage? She’s just trying to make herself look better.’
When asked if he had a message for his half-sister, Thomas Jr said: ‘Stop the vicious PR attack. If you want to sow some love and support for my Dad, step in and definitely give some support.’
Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, visits a memorial site in Uvalde, Texas on Thursday, to honor the victims killed in last week’s elementary school shooting
It was reported that Meghan Markle wants to make contact with her estranged father to heal the four-year rift but has concerns about the intentions of her half-siblings
Thomas Jr has been providing non-stop care for his father since the retired lighting director had a devastating stroke a week ago, leaving him with loss of speech.
Speaking on the show, Thomas Jr said: ‘My dad is here, in the room with me. He wants to say that he was very much looking forward to attending the Jubilee celebrations. He really wanted to be there and he sends the Queen his best regards.’
When asked by Wootton if reports Meghan had reached out to her father were true, he said: ‘She has made no attempt whatsoever at all to contact. He still has the same phone number he always has.
‘She’s had every opportunity to reach out. She’s only three or four hours away. How many days late is she now? She needs to figure out who she is as a person.’
It was reported the Duchess of Sussex , 40, reached out to Thomas Markle’s camp after it emerged he left hospital following five days of treatment for a stroke
Retired Hollywood lighting director Thomas promptly sent his best wishes to the Queen for a happy Jubilee after suffering a stroke
A source previously told The Mirror that the Duchess is ‘concerned’ about the health of her father despite their estrangement.
They said: ‘She wants to know if there is any way to contact her father privately, without other family knowing about it or having to get involved.’
The insider added: ‘Meghan can’t contact her half-siblings because she believes they have their own agendas.
‘If she can contact their dad, she wants it to be totally private. It won’t involve Netflix, it won’t involve any photographs and it must not involve any tip-offs to the paparazzi.’
MailOnline has contacted Meghan’s team for comment.
Speaking after his stroke last week, Thomas Markle said he felt ‘hugely grateful’ and ‘lucky’ to be alive.
He said: ‘I want to thank everyone, especially the wonderful doctors and nurses who saved my life. They are angels.
‘I have been deeply moved by loving messages I’ve received from all over the world. People have been so kind. I can’t speak right now, but I am working hard and will thank people properly when I can.’
Mr Markle had been planning to fly to the UK this week to celebrate next weekend’s Platinum Jubilee, but the stroke on Monday night, which has left him with limited speech, scuppered the trip.
Writing on a whiteboard with a felt-tip pen, he said: ‘I wanted to come to pay my respects to the Queen. I wish her a happy Jubilee and many more years.’
The severe stroke was caused by a blood clot on the right side of Mr Markle’s brain.
He was rushed to a hospital near his home in Rosarito, Mexico, before being transferred by ambulance to the US border where an ambulance was waiting to ferry him to a hospital in San Diego, California.
He has been in a critical-care ward all week and has made what one doctor told him was ‘remarkable progress’.
However, it is understood that Meghan is concerned about involving her half-siblings Thomas Jr, 55, and Samantha, 57, as she ‘believes they have their own agendas’
Mr Markle has never met son-in-law Prince Harry or his grandchildren Archie, three, and 11-month-old Lilibet. Pictured, Harry, Meghan and Archie with the Queen, Prince Phillip and Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland
While he is now able to speak a few words, he faces what he calls ‘an uphill battle’ to regain his power of speech.
‘I have lots of hard work to do and will do it,’ he wrote. ‘I want to get well. I’m so lucky to have had amazing care and love. Thank you everyone.’
Mr Markle was forced to miss his daughter’s wedding to Prince Harry in 2018 after he had two heart attacks just days before.
He blamed them on the stress he suffered after posing for paparazzi pictures to improve his image.
He has been estranged from his daughter ever since and has never met son-in-law Prince Harry or his grandchildren Archie, three, and 11-month-old Lilibet.
- Dan Wootton Tonight airs on GB News at 9pm from Monday-Thursday
Source: Read Full Article