Meghan Markle to lose SECOND close aide after private secretary Samantha ‘The Panther’ announces she will leave after the royal baby is born as rumours continue to grow of a ‘Duchess Difficult’
- Samantha Cohen, 50, has served the royal family for 17 years but is set to leave
- She’s the personal secretary for Harry and Meghan but will leave role in spring
- Her resignation comes amid rumours that the Duchess is difficult to work under
- Ms Cohen was tasked with teaching Meghan the intricacies of the royal family
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s renowned personal secretary is set to leave her role after the birth of their child in spring – just weeks after another aide suddenly resigned.
Samantha Cohen, 50, is a key member of Meghan’s Kensington Palace staff and her departure will fuel rumours that the Duchess is difficult to work for.
Ms Cohen is nicknamed ‘Samantha the Panther’ and was also one of the Queen’s most trusted aides having served as a communications secretary and spent 17 years working for the royals.
Meghan’s personal assistant Melissa Touabti also quit, just six months after the Royal wedding at Windsor Castle in May.
Samantha Cohen (pictured at the back) joined the Duchess of Sussex on her first solo engagement with the Queen
Ms Cohen is believed to have joined Harry and Meghan’s household on an interim basis in early 2018.
The Duchess is reported to have been keen to hire her permanently – but Ms Cohen is not thought to have been keen on the idea.
Reported in the Sunday Times, a source close to Meghan said: ‘Sam will be a huge loss.
Meghan’s father admits to ‘stupid mistakes’ but says not…
Prince Harry went ‘mental’ and ‘accused William of trying to…
Share this article
‘Going forward, Meghan might need someone cut from a slightly different cloth to traditional courtiers, who is not a career civil servant or royal insider’.
The source also revealed the Duchess’ early morning routine and warned that new aides would have to be adaptable and patient.
The Duchess has previously said that she wakes up at 4.30am to do yoga, which ‘heals the mind’.
Ms Cohen is held in high regard among the royal family.
Trusted: Cohen, 49, has been a trusted aide of the royals for 17 years, described as ‘deeply committed to serving the monarchy’ and was given the task of preparing Meghan for her life as a royal earlier this year. Pictured, Australian-born Cohen at the royal wedding in May
She was the first woman to ever hold the press secretary’s job and was made a Commander of the Royal Victorian Order by the Queen in 2016.
From Australia, she has been described as well-liked and ‘unstuffy’ and was seen as the perfect aide for Meghan to settle in the royal family.
Sources claim that she also advised Meghan on her make-up and helped her understand the intricacies of the royal family.
She was spotted with the Duchess during Meghan’s first solo engagement with the Queen and also attended the royal wedding.
Meghan Markle’s aide Melissa Touabti (right) quit just six months after the Royal wedding at Windsor Castle in May. She had also worked for Robbie Williams and his wife Ayda (pictured)
Ms Touabti had helped to organise the wedding earlier this year, above. But a short time after the big day she left her role at Kensington Palace
Meanwhile, Ms Touabti left her job at Kensington Palace just six months after Meghan married into the Royal Family.
Royal insiders were stunned at the abrupt and sudden departure.
After Meghan’s PA quit, a Palace source was authorised to pay tribute to her and the role she played in helping organise Prince Harry and Meghan’s wedding.
‘Melissa is a hugely talented person,’ the source said. ‘She played a pivotal role in the success of the Royal Wedding and will be missed by everyone in the Royal Household.’
Source: Read Full Article