Logan Lewis, Hocking College student, dies from severe allergic reaction to milk

Logan Lewis, Hocking College student, dies from severe allergic reaction to milk

An Ohio college student was found unresponsive in his dorm and died from a severe allergic reaction to milk, his family said.

Hocking College student Logan Lewis, 20, was pronounced dead of anaphylaxis last Thursday after he was discovered unconscious and brought to a nearby hospital, according to his obituary.

His mother, Jamie Baker, mourned his death in a Facebook post claiming that he accidentally drank a milk product.

“As many of you know Logan has had a life-threatening milk allergy his entire life,” she wrote. “While at school last night he accidentally drank something with milk in it and did not get his Epipen in time to stop the reaction and the EMTs were unable to save him.”

The student was a sophomore at the Nelsonville college studying in the medical lab technician program, news station WBNS reported.

University spokesman Tim Brunicardi said his death is under investigation and no foul play is suspected.

The college is offering counseling services for students and faculty in the wake of his death.

Source: Read Full Article