The 10 most entertaining TikToks to follow
Dreams come true: How the ‘Ocean Spray guy’ skated his way into the inauguration
Police dog TikTok star walks out of hospital after near-fatal shooting
TikTok user glitterbombs boyfriend’s apartment after he cheats on her
A 10-year-old girl in Italy was declared brain-dead after she attempted the so-called “Blackout Challenge” on TikTok, according to local reports.
The dangerous game — also known as the “passout challenge” and “the fainting game” — dares participants to choke themselves until they pass out for several seconds.
But the challenge turned tragic when the child, who tied a belt around her neck, accidentally asphyxiated herself, Italian news agency ANSA reported.
The girl was rushed to a hospital in Palermo Thursday, the outlet said. She arrived in cardiac arrest and was soon declared brain-dead by doctors.
Her parents have given permission for their daughter’s organs to be donated, ANSA reported, indicating that she would soon be taken off life support.
Experts have warned that the trend is dangerous and can cause fainting, brain damage and seizures.
TikTok users are encouraged to flag anybody engaged in the challenge by clicking the symbol that says “Report.”
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article