Customers run after sparklers on cake set ceiling decorations on fire

Customers run after sparklers on cake set ceiling decorations on fire

Terrifying moment customers run for their lives after sparklers on cake set ceiling decorations on fire in packed shisha bar

  • Customers can be seen racing to escape from the bar in Rusholme, Manchester
  • A number of people were taken to hospital suffering suspected burns 
  • Fire chiefs released the video in a bid to prevent fires in hospitality venues
  • Follows a similar incident at Bar 186 in Manchester city centre on New Year’s Eve 

This is the shocking moment a huge blaze engulfs a packed shisha bar after sparklers on a cake set roof decorations on fire.

Terrified customers can be seen racing to escape from the bar on Wilmslow Road in Rusholme, Manchester, on May 27.

The CCTV footage shows the decorations catch fire, causing the blaze to flash across the ceiling as revellers scramble to get out.

A number of people were taken to hospital suffering suspected burns, although no one was seriously injured.

Terrified customers can be seen racing to escape from the bar on Wilmslow Road in Rusholme on May 27

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) released the dramatic video footage in a bid to prevent similar incidents in hospitality venues

The CCTV footage shows the decorations catch fire, causing the blaze to flash across the ceiling as revellers scramble to get out

It followed a similar incident at Bar 186 in Manchester city centre on New Year’s Eve 2021 when a fire broke out after indoor fireworks set light to decorations in the bar.

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) released the dramatic video footage in a bid to prevent similar incidents in hospitality venues.

The film is being shared in advance of the busy Halloween, World Cup and Christmas party season to show how quickly fires can spread.

Fire chiefs said they wanted to encourage business owners and managers to attend online workshops for the hospitality sector.

Leon Parkes, of GMFRS, said: ‘Hospitality venues have a responsibility to keep their customers and staff safe.

‘We want to help businesses to understand their legal responsibilities and take action to protect their property, staff and customers from fire.

‘We have seen a couple of instances in the past year in Manchester where fires have broken out in venues caused by indoor fireworks setting light to decorations.

‘While fortunately fires don’t occur very often, the impact of a fire can be devastating and many businesses don’t recover.

‘Pubs, bars and other venues will be very, very busy during October, November and December.

‘It’s important that staff prepare by getting trained in what they need to do and that they don’t inadvertently create a fire risk.’

It followed a similar incident at Bar 186 in Manchester city centre on New Year’s Eve 2021 when a fire broke out after indoor fireworks set light to decorations in the bar 

Source: Read Full Article