A further eight people have died with coronavirus in the UK, bringing the total number of deaths – as of Sunday – to 46,574.
The numbers released by the Department of Health cover fatalities in all settings, including hospitals, care homes and the wider community
Meanwhile, a list of 29 towns and cities that could be at risk of a local lockdown has been revealed, with Blackburn occupying the top place.
According to the Public Health England watchlist, the Lancashire town has the highest infection rate in England, with 80.6 people per 100,000 displaying symptoms between July 27 and August 2.
Oldham comes in at number two with an infection rate of 65.4, while Leicester’s is 57.1 – though that figure is falling.
- Another 8 people die with coronavirus in UK bringing total to 46,574
- The 29 UK towns and cities on local lockdown ‘watch list’
- Boris urged to give teachers and pupils weekly coronavirus tests as schools reopen
- Brazil hits grim milestone of 100,000 coronavirus deaths
- Britons camp overnight to secure beach spot on third day of heatwave
Here, we bring you live updates on the latest news, developments and guidance on the Covid-19 pandemic.
Source: Read Full Article