A MAN has been charged after the horror stabbing at London's British Museum on Tuesday.
Brady Wilson, 37, has today appeared in court after a man was knifed in the arm outside the world-famous attraction and rushed to hospital earlier this week.
Emergency services scrambled to the museum on Tuesday morning after reports of a knife attack.
The attraction was quickly evacuated with members of the public seen rushing onto the road.
Nearby streets were quickly taped off, as cops swarmed the scene.
Wilson was arrested when police swooped Great Russell Street, central London and took him into custody.
Read more on UK news
British Museum ‘knifeman’ seen walking casually with 3 blades before stabbing
Man fighting for life and woman injured after ‘pub brawl stabbing’ near British Museum
The 37-year-old man has now been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent, wounding with intent against the same victim and three counts of possessing an offensive weapon.
Wilson, of no fixed abode, appeared in Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court today.
He is now set to appear at Wood Green Crown Court next month.
After the horror unfolded on Tuesday morning a blue forensics tent could be seen outside the railings of the museum, just metres from the entrance.
Most read in The Sun
Inside toxic row over mystery fire that destroyed Britain's wonkiest pub
Creator of BBC sitcom dies suddenly leaving castheartbroken
Corrie star Doreen Mantle dies aged 97 as tributes pour in for TV legend
US teen rapper Lil Tay and her brother dead, family reveal
All visitors were evacuated from the museum as a precaution, before it reopened at lunchtime with a "heightened search operation" in place.
A Met Police spokesperson said at the time: "Police have arrested a man on suspicion of GBH following an incident at the junction of Russell Street and Museum Street around 10am.
"A man was treated for a stab wound to the arm at the scene and taken by London Ambulance Service to hospital. His condition is being assessed.
"This was an isolated incident and there is no outstanding risk to the public. It is not being treated as terror-related.
"The scene may be in place for much of today."
A London Ambulance Service confirmed it treated the man at the scene, before rushing him to a major trauma centre.
On Tuesday the British Museum said: "The Museum was closed this morning due to an incident following a member of the public being attacked nearby.
"The Museum’s security team supported at the scene until the emergency services arrived.
"Visitors were evacuated from the Museum as a precaution and we wish the victim a full and swift recovery."
Source: Read Full Article