Antifa ‘killer’ Michael Reinoehl fired at cops ‘dozens of times before he was taken out by officer’

Antifa ‘killer’ Michael Reinoehl fired at cops ‘dozens of times before he was taken out by officer’

ANTIFA fan Michael Forest Reinoehl fired at cops "dozens of times before he was taken out by an officer," according to a harrowing account of the gun battle.

Reinoehl, 48, was shot dead after he reportedly opened fire on cops with an "assault rifle" when a US Marshals unit tried to arrest him on Thursday.

He was a suspect in the death of Aaron “Jay” Danielson, 39, a fervent Donald Trump supporter and a a member of far-right group Patriot Prayer.

Portland police issued a warrant for Reinoehl’s arrest yesterday and the US Marshals Service Pacific Northwest Violent Offender Task Force tracked him down to the city of Lacey, Washington.

He is alleged to have fired dozens of shots outside an apartment complex in Tanglewilde, where witnesses cowered as unmarked SUVs and officers returned fire.

Working on vehicles nearby, Chad Smith and Chase Cutler, saw Reinoehl exit his car with a firearm in-hand before 40 or 50 shots were fired and he was hit.

“It reminded me of a video game,” Cutler told The Olympian, while a third unnamed witness described how 30 to 40 shots rang out while he was walking his dog, forcing him to take cover behind a car.

Resident Trevor Brown was in his apartment when he heard eight to 10 gunshots blast out.

He saw two unmarked SUVs outside, which had pulled in 3rd Way from different directions, and a body lying on the ground.

The CPR administered at the scene was unsuccessful.

Thurston County sheriff’s Lt. Ray Brady said officers opened fire after the dad-of-two Reinoehl pulled out a gun.

Pierce County sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer said: "The suspect came out to the car, they attempted to put him into custody and shots were fired."

Reinoehl, who claimed to be a US Army veteran, described himself as "100 per cent Antifa" and spoke of a coming "civil war" amid the chaos sweeping America.

Minutes after news of the Reinoehl’s death broke, Trump scolded Portland police on Twitter for not having arrested what he called the "cold blooded killer."

"Why aren't the Portland Police ARRESTING the cold blooded killer of Aaron 'Jay' Danielson," he raged. "Do your job, and do it fast. Everybody knows who this thug is. No wonder portland is going to hell!"

His death came just hours after an interview with him by VICE News aired in full late Thursday.

In the video, he said he acted in defense of his friend of color during the shooting in Portland on August 29.

Reinoehl did not state that he shot Danielson, but defended the actions he took as he feared he and his friend would be stabbed.

He also said he fears "civil war right around the corner" and added “that that shot felt like the beginning of a war".

The Antifa fan was previously a professional snowboarder, being nicknamed "Big Mike" for his daredevil tricks.

Pals said he was a "gentle giant" who had fashioned himself into a "defender role" amid recent protests.

Reinoehl was no stranger to protests, previously being arrested and even being shot during a scuffle with an armed white man on July 26.

His daughter also has attended protests with him and at one she was photographed carrying a baseball bat.

Speaking to Vice, the activist said he had "no choice" but to open fire, and claims he and his pal were confronted by "heavily armed" Trump supporters in trucks.

Reinoehl had previously described himself as "100 per cent Antifa" – while Danielson was a fervent Trump supporter and "Patriot Player," a right-wing activist group.

“I had no choice. I mean, I, I had a choice. I could have sat there and watched them kill a friend of mine of color. But I wasn't going to do that,” Reinoehl said in the video clip. 

He added: "I was confident that I did not hit anyone innocent and I made my exit."

Prior to that, Reinoehl said: “You know, lots of lawyers suggest that I shouldn't even be saying anything.

"But I feel it's important that the world at least gets a little bit of what's really going on, because there’s been lot of propaganda put out there.”

He also refused to turn himself into the police as he believed the cops were collaborating with right-wing protesters and would not protect him.

“If the life of anybody I care about is in danger, and there's something I can do to prevent it," he added.

"I think that any good human being would do the same thing."

Reinoehl had said he provided “security” at Black Lives Matter protests, describing the tactics of counter protesters as "warfare".

Danielson was leaving a rally in support of Trump on the violent night in downtown Portland, Oregon, when he was fatally shot in the chest.

Trump supporters and far-left counter-protesters clashed as a caravan of right-wing supporters drove through Portland.

Video recorded by a bystander seemed to show Danielson crossing a street and going to a parking garage as someone yelled, “We got another Trumper!”

“Here?” another person is heard saying, before two gunshots sound off. 

Other video appears to show Danielson spraying pepper spray just before he was shot.

Within a minute of the gunshots, police arrived and found Danielson on the ground, wearing a hat with the logo of the right-wing group Patriot Prayer.

An Army spokesperson told the Daily Mail that they were “unable to locate” Reinoehl in the service records database. 

Prior to the night of Danielson’s shooting, Reinoehl was accused of bringing a loaded gun to another protest in Portland and photos emerged of him on social media attending Black Lives Matter events.

Police apparently found a loaded, concealed Glock pistol in Reinoehl’s 2005 Cadillac as well as unidentified prescription pills and marijuana. 

In June, Reinoehl was charged for allegedly driving at speeds of up to 111 miles per hour with his 11-year-old daughter in the passenger seat, while racing with his 17-year-old son.

Portland has seen regular nightly protests since police killed George Floyd, a 46-year-old African-American man, in Minneapolis on May 25.

The demonstrations have gone on for nearly 100 days, and Reinoehl was a regular attendee according to messages and videos on his Instagram feed.

In July, the Trump administration deployed federal forces to Portland to crack down on the protests.

Trump signed a memo on Wednesday that threatened to cut federal funding to "lawless" cities, including Portland.

Source: Read Full Article