ROBBIE Williams to set to make his big-screen acting debut in the sequel to The Greatest Showman after Hugh Jackman offered him a role.
According to the Sunday Mirror, Aussie actor Hugh is creating a part in the hotly anticipated musical follow-up for his pal after inviting him to perform in his world tour.
Robbie, 45, recently joined Hugh, 50, on stage for the London O2 gigs on his The Man. The Music. The Show. tour in June, and Hugh is said to have been blown away by his talent.
"The Robbie and Hugh bromance is just going from strength to strength," the source revealed. "Hugh wants space to be made for them to do a number and sing and act in his Greatest Showman sequel.
"Hugh and others are staying quiet until deals with Fox Studios are secured, but he is going to be a producer which means he will have a say on the cast. Robbie even doing one number would be fun."
Robbie described working with his "man crush" Hugh on the tour as a "career highlight", while Hugh introduced him on stage as "one of the greatest entertainers of all time".
The sequel to The Greatest Showman is guaranteed to be a huge box office smash if the success of the original is anything to go by.
Initially written off by critics, the flick – which boasted the smash hit track This Is Me, went on to become the the third highest-grossing musical in history.
Jackman, opened this year’s Brit Awards with a performance as circus legend PT Barnum after the soundtrack became the biggest selling album of last year on both sides of the Atlantic.
In London to support his leading man, Director Michael Gracey said back in February that he and Hugh were laying the foundations for a follow-up after its global success.
Gracey told The Sun: “When a movie becomes as big a success as this, it’s only natural there is demand for a sequel.
“So those discussions have started and we are working on one right now.”
It is not yet known if the new film will follow on from the first or be a prequel.
Jackman is expected to lead the cast but the involvement of his co-stars Michelle Williams, Zac Efron and Keala Settle is unclear. However, acclaimed songwriting duo Pasek and Paul — behind hits including This Is Me and Never Enough — are likely to return.
Source: Read Full Article