AceShowbiz –Megyn Kelly is not planning to stay out of spotlight for too long. The TV host, who was fired from “Today” last year over controversial blackface comments, says that she’s planning to be back on TV soon.
TMZ approached the former FOX anchor when she was walking with her husband Doug Brunt in New York on Thursday night, Januay 10, asking her if she would be back on the small screen this year. Megyn replied, “You’ll definitely see me back on [television].”
However, she revealed that her first priority in 2019 was not about her TV career. “But, listen. Here’s my first priority: I want to get a new dog,” she told the reporter. She went on saying that her dog died in July and she was so sad. “So I had a mourning period, and I’m ready to get back up there now,” she shared.
Megyn was let go from the NBC daytime show following backlash over her blackface remarks in which she questioned why it was considered racist to do a blackface for Halloween. She received a huge backlash for it, prompting her to apologize in the next episode of her segment.
“I was wrong and I am sorry,” shared shared in an on-air statement. “Sometimes I talk and sometimes I listen and yesterday, I learned. I learned that given the history of blackface being used in awful ways by racists in this country, it is not OK for that to be part of any costume, Halloween or otherwise.”
Just a few days ago, the Peacock network announced the replacement hosts for Megyn. It’s revealed that Dylan Dreyer alongside Al Roker, Sheinelle Jones and Craig Melvin will co-host every weekday morning at 9 A.M.
Source: Read Full Article