Denise Van Outen says no to I’m A Celebrity in Wales but yes when it returns to Oz

Denise Van Outen says no to I’m A Celebrity in Wales but yes when it returns to Oz

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

TV star Denise Van Outen has said she will no longer take part in this year’s series of I’m a Celebrity: Get Me Out of Here! as the show is now set to take place in Wales for the second year running.

Denise, 47, has said that she would be keen to take part in the popular ITV show when it does return to the Australian jungle.

Continued travel restrictions have meant the show was forced to take place in Wales last year and despite hopes it would return to Australia for 2021, the show is set to return to the Welsh castle again this year.

The TV legend is no stranger to reality shows having taken part in Dancing on Ice earlier this year and she was a finalist on Strictly Come Dancing back in 2012 and has said I’m a Celeb is on her bucket list of shows to do.

The mum-of-one, who currently hosts and performs in Proud Cabaret Embankment, spoke to The Sun about the possibility of appearing on the hit reality show.

She said: “I do get asked to do it but there is no chance I can do it this year because I am at Proud.

“I will do it at some point. I think I’m A Celebrity for my 50th birthday would be something nice to do.

“I am a lot more jungle vibes than Castle vibes to be honest.”

Denise spoke out earlier this year about the injury she inflicted on her time on Dancing on Ice and on her recovery after partially dislocating her shoulder while also sustaining three bone fractures.

The injury left her in "excruciating pain" and the recovery process meant she had to do physiotherapy exercises in between wearing a sling for support.

So it might have not been the best year for her to take on another gruelling reality show.

Denise is not the first celeb to be deterred from taking part in Wales as the show has reportedly been dealt a huge blow as a "huge star" is said to have quit the show, it has been claimed.


The unnamed I'm A Celeb hopeful is said to have dropped out of the series after it was confirmed the show will return to Wales this year.

ITV announced the decision on Tuesday 3 August, following reports bosses feared Australia could shut its borders.

To read more about Denise Van Outen sign up for OK!'s daily newsletter here.

Source: Read Full Article