Brendan O’Carroll makes controversial comment on The One Show
Brendan O’Carroll, who writes and stars in Mrs Brown’s Boys, has confirmed why he turned down a huge offer to appear on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!
“I was once talking to a producer and he asked me if I’d thought about doing I’m A Celebrity,” the actor shared.
“I said, ‘I would rather put a hot needle through the eye of my c**k than do that show’. So now they know not to ask!”
The star also explained why he would not take part in physically challenging reality shows despite the huge fees offered to celebrities.
He told Daily Star: “I get asked to do those shows all the time – f*** yeah. Jesus. But I say no to them all.”
Don’t miss… Mrs Brown’s Boys star doesn’t ‘care’ if show offends ‘snowflakes'[LATEST]
“I was asked to do a show for Irish TV where I’d get SAS-style training – you crawl through mud and stuff like that,” he added.
“I said, ‘You do know I’m 67? The last time I crawled through mud I was five years old. So eff off!'”
It’s understood I’m Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! stars can make anything from £30,000 to £6000,000 for their time on the programme.
Ant and Dec spark frenzy with update on 20th series of Saturday Night Takeaway[LATEST]
Where the cast of Byker Grove are now – from call centre jobs to Dancing on Ice[LATEST]
Byker Grove return confirmed as Ant and Dec take on major roles[LATEST]
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Last year’s line-up was the wealthiest yet, with the stars having a combined fortune of £76million.
Lioness Jill Scott was crowned Queen of the Jungle last year after she stole the nation’s hearts with her witty one-liners and positive attitude.
Brendan’s comments come after it was revealed Mrs Brown’s Boys is set to make a return to BBC One after a decade.
The actor previously said the mini-series was actually planned for 2021 but Covid-19 caused production problems.
He told the BBC earlier this year: “Having been thwarted twice, firstly by Covid-19 and then by a post-Covid shortage of studios, it’s fantastic to, at last, have the chance to make it happen.
“Fasten your seatbelts and hold onto your hats!”
I’m A Celebrity will return to ITV this winter on a date yet to be announced by the channel.
Source: Read Full Article