WILLIAN looks set to leave Chelsea with the Brazilian winger reportedly rejecting a two-year contract to remain at Stamford Bridge.
The 31-year-old – who is set to become a free agent – has been holding out for a three-year deal, but the Blues are reluctant to keep him at the club until 2023.
According to the Guardian, Chelsea's latest attempt to keep Willian at the club has been knocked back by the ex-Shakhtar Donestsk forward.
CHELSEA NEWS LIVE: Follow for the latest Blues news
Chelsea are said to have offered Willian a two-year contract, but the player has swiftly rejected the proposal.
All signs now points towards an exit this transfer window with the two parties failing to agree terms on a new deal.
It has been stated that he could end his seven-year spell with Chelsea after the Champions League second leg tie against Bayern Munich on Saturday.
And the Guardian also report how Arsenal have been dealt a major boost in signing him as the Gunners look to bring him to the Emirates.
Willian's agent Kia Joorabchian told talkSPORT last week how his client is being chased by five clubs, with two offers on the table from Premier League teams.
Speaking ahead of the FA Cup final, he said: "I don’t think he’s done a U-turn or any kind of turn, he’s always been very much the same mode.
“We had big offers – one from MLS which required him to move on July 1 – but he’s always wanted to finish the season at Chelsea and the day after the season has finished he would decide.
“He has two concrete offers from Premier League clubs on the table, an offer from an MLS club, and two other offers from Europe
“He is going to make his decision after the last game of the season.”
It is understood that Barcelona are keen to lure him to the Nou Camp, while Inter Miami are desperate to bring him to America.
Source: Read Full Article