ANTHONY JOSHUA revealed he told his team "we lost a fight but not the war" following defeat to Oleksandr Usyk.
AJ was stunned last September on points by the Ukrainian great, setting up an immediate rematch this Saturday in Saudi Arabia.
But Joshua refused to give up and was the one picking up the pieces after the crushing loss.
He said: "Right after, in the changing room, I knew I would fight again.
"I was telling everyone, 'Come on, what the f***? We are warriors, we lost a fight but not the war. This is an ongoing battle. It's not over 'til it's over.'
"That's how I re-motivated my team. Nothing should dishearten you.
READ MORE in BOXING
Joshua vs Usyk: Get Usyk to win at 6/1 or AJ at 15/1 (£5 max bet) with 888 Sport
Watch Joshua’s insane wrist exercise as he shows off physique for Usyk fight
"I have to keep that mentality for the rest of my life even if I stumble privately or publicly."
Joshua, 32, invoked his right to a rematch right away but amid Ukraine's war with Russia the fight faced delays.
It provided AJ with more time to train under new coach Robert Garcia having left Rob McCracken and his Sheffield training base.
But it leaves Joshua with only one fight in the last year and plenty of thinking time.
🥊 AJ vs Usyk 2 date, live stream and TV channel for blockbuster rematch
Most read in Boxing
Date & live stream details for massive heavyweight rematch in Saudi Arabia
VanZant AXED from BKFC London fight leaving ex-UFC star ‘p***ed
Tyson in wheelchair holding walking stick as he's pushed through Miami airport
Boxing world predict Joshua vs Usyk including Fury and Tyson ahead of rematch
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
He said: "It has been a nightmare just sitting on this loss for so many months.
"The time-frame does change every day, I have dedicated a lot of my life to a very tough sport.
"I will do this for as long as I can but I think I'm quite smart at business now, I will be 33 shortly and a lot will come down to how long my body can hang on."
Source: Read Full Article