The Texas Longhorns (1-1) take it on the road this week against in-state foe and former Southwest Conference rival Rice Owls (0-2) Saturday at 8:00 p.m. ET at NRG Stadium.
Texas laid the wood to Louisiana Tech by a 45-14 count in their opener, but slipped up against LSU 45-38 last weekend. The Longhorns have hit the over in each of their first two contests.
Rice fell at Army on Aug. 30 by a 14-7 score, showing off solid defense, but they were hammered 41-21 by visiting Wake Forest.
Texas at Rice: Betting Trends and Tips
Looking to place a bet on this game or others?
Get some action in the game at BetMGM and have some extra skin in the game. Sign up and bet at BetMGM now!
- The Longhorns rank 12th in the nation with 355.0 passing yards per game.
- Texas QB Sam Ehlinger has 31 TDs with just three INTs over the past 15 games. Meanwhile, WR Devin Duvernay has 21 grabs and 209 receiving yards, including career highs with 12 catches and 154 yards and two TDs vs. LSU. WR Brennan Eagles also had 116 yards vs. LSU.
- Rice QB Wiley Green (neck) was carried off on a backboard after being knocked out of the game vs. Wake Forest, and he will not play in this one. QB Tom Stewart is likely to take the reins.
- The Owls have failed to score 30 or more points in each of the past 14 outings.
- Texas won 42-28 in the most recent meeting on Sept. 12, 2015.
- The Longhorns lead the all-time series 41-1, including wins in each of the past 13.
- Texas is 6-2 ATS in the past eight neutral-site games.
- Rice is 4-1-1 ATS in the past six non-conference games.
Texas at Rice: Odds, betting lines and picks
Sep 7, 2019; Austin, TX, USA; Texas Longhorns wide receiver Devin Duvernay (6) runs in for a touchdown after making a reception in the second half against the Louisiana State Tigers at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Scott Wachter-USA TODAY Sports
Photo Credit: Scott Wachter – USA TODAY Sports
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list.
Lines last updated Friday at 6:05 p.m. ET.
Texas 48, Rice 10
The moneylines are Texas (-10000), and Rice (+2000). If you like the Longhorns to win, you need to risk $100 to bring home $1. Avoid.
Against the Spread
The Owls (+30.5, +105) are catching over 30 points, and the books try to make them enticing by giving you plus-money. Don’t get suckered in.
The Longhorns (-30.5, -129) will pass the ball at will, and the triumvirate of Ehlinger-Duvernay-Eagles will go off again. Rice isn’t capable of coming back, too, as they’re a run-first team. So once they get in a hole it will only get worse.
The TOTAL 56.5 should go over here. The Longhorns are 2-0 on the over so far, and Rice won’t offer much resistance. The concern with taking the over is whether the Owls can produce anything on offense. It will be close. Lean over.
Get some action in this one, place a bet with BetMGM today. And for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @JoeWilliamsVI and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Bill Belichick saluted a reporter in surprisingly sweet moment
How to Watch Liverpool vs. Newcastle United, English Premier League Livestream, Schedule, TV Channel, Start Time
A fashion expert grades Cam Newton’s outfits this season
6 reasons fantasy football owners should trade for Mike Evans immediately
Alabama is tracking students’ locations to penalize them for leaving football games early
Source: Read Full Article