A pound doesn't get you much these days.
Unless you're this lucky punter, who scooped a colossal £21,755 from a 16-fold £1 accumulator!
This William Hill customer successfully predicted the outcome of 15 Premier League and Championship football matches on Saturday afternoon.
And shrewdly cashed out his winnings before Liverpool's goalless draw against Crystal Palace in the late kick-off.
He was on course to win a staggering £121,593.10 from his quid, but it would ultimately been a disaster as he had backed Jurgen Klopp's side to secure maximum points at Selhurst Park!
Plenty of this bettor's selections flew in with ease including the likes of Norwich, Burnley, West Brom and Aston Villa.
But several matches were won by a single-goal margin, while Preston managed to recover from a goal down to beat Wigan.
William Hill odds
- Burnley – Burnley v Huddersfield – 1/3
- Man City – Bournemouth v Man City – 1/3
- Preston – Preston v Wigan – 6/4
- Blackburn – QPR v Blackburn – 14/5
- Reading – Reading v Blackpool – 23/20
- Sheffield United – Sheffield United v Watford – 17/20
- Millwall – Stoke v Millwall – 9/4
- West Brom – West Brom v Middlesbrough – 6/5
- Arsenal – Leicester v Arsenal – 8/13
- West Ham – West Ham v Nottingham Forest – 8/11
- Liverpool – Crystal Palace v Liverpool – 7/10
- Leeds – Leeds v Southampton – 19/20
- Aston Villa – Everton v Aston Villa – 9/5
- Bristol City – Bristol City v Hull – 13/10
- Luton – Birmingham v Luton – 6/4
- Norwich – Norwich v Cardiff – 7/10
With 14 wins secured, our punter still required Manchester City to beat Bournemouth and Liverpool to edge past Crystal Palace.
There was no drama at the Vitality Stadium with the Citizens 3-0 before the half-time whistle.
But with 7.45pm kick-off approaching, the bettor decided enough was enough and decided to cash out, hoping Patrick Vieira's side would get a result, which they did.
William Hill Spokesperson, Lee Phelps, said: "Arguably the best bet of the weekend goes to one perceptive punter who incredibly placed £1 on a 16-fold football accumulator, cashing out for £21,755.
"Having the sense to cash out before Liverpool eventually drew to Crystal Palace, this winner will be thankful the one result he incorrectly predicted happened to be the late kick off!"
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Most read in Betting Tips
Spurs next manager odds: Graham Potter in contention to replace Antonio Conte
Next Chelsea manager: Odds slashed on Jose Mourinho return, Pochettino favourite
Next Premier League manager sacked: Potter odds-on favourite for Chelsea exit
Win a Lamborghini plus £5,000 or £100k cash alternative from 89p
Source: Read Full Article