MANCHESTER UNITED starlet Charlie McNeill has apologised following comments he made in an interview about possibly facing Liverpool in the FA Youth Cup.
The striker – who scored in the Red Devils' 2-0 victory against Salford City in the third round on Wednesday – admitted he is relishing the prospect of coming up against the Reds.
Neil Ryan's side will pit their wits against the Merseyside outfit on April 3 should Liverpool beat Sutton United next week.
Speaking of the potential derby clash, McNeill, 17, said: "We will look to go all the way in this competition.
"And next round we will play Liverpool if they win, which is obviously a derby and an amazing game to play in."
Before adding: "It's a derby like I said and it would be great to win that game and rub it in their faces as well."
Though his interview left United fans delighted, McNeill has since taken to his Instagram story to apologise for his 'disrespectful' comments.
He posted: "I just wanted to say my interview last night, I said a thing I probably shouldn't have said and I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to anyone!
"I have learnt from my mistake and I'll take this on into the future."
McNeill was recently on the winning side against Liverpool, as he scored the only goal of the game in the 1-0 victory earlier this month.
CHELTENHAM FREE BETS: GET £40 IN FREE BETS WITH PADDY POWER
A post shared by Charlie McNeill (@charliemcneill9)
It was his 14th goal in the U18 Premier League this campaign – with four of those strikes coming in the 4-2 win against his former employers Manchester City.
The teenager joined United from the Citizens in a deal believed to be worth in the region of £750,000 in October.
McNeill – who signed a six-year deal with Adidas in 2018 – left City having fired in over 600 goals for their academy.
Source: Read Full Article