Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Camavinga transfer LATEST, Varane 'gives his word' to Red Devils, Shaw 'set for new deal'

Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Camavinga transfer LATEST, Varane 'gives his word' to Red Devils, Shaw 'set for new deal'

MANCHESTER UNITED put Jadon Sancho through his paces as he passed a medical ahead of a £72million move to Old Trafford.

Meanwhile Raphael Varane is said to be on the verge of agreeing personal terms with the Red Devils.

Should United fail to strike a deal with Varane, another Frenchman could be keen on joining, on Sevilla's Jules Kounde.

And Harry Maguire has exclusively revealed to The Sun that his father suffered broken ribs in the stampede at Wembley before the Euro 2020 final.

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)

Stay up to date with every twist from Old Trafford in our live rolling blog…

  • Joe Brophy

    ITALIAN JOB

    Giovanni Di Lorenzo is open to a potential Manchester United switch, according to a representative of the Italy international.

    Mario Guiffredi told Radio Marte: “I read about Manchester United but now it is newspaper talk.

    "If there were real things, we would be the ones to communicate it to Napoli. At the moment no request has arrived.

    "If offers arrive, we are obliged to take them into consideration, also in the interest of Napoli, because it is the president himself who has put everyone on the market.

    "So, we feel we are on the market. If an appropriate offer arrives it'll be discussed and considered.

    “(President Aurelio) De Laurentiis spoke at the press conference explaining Napoli's losses, and that all his players are transferable and that, if appropriate offers arrive, he will evaluate them himself."

  • Joe Brophy

    GOT IT RON

    The official Euro 2020 Team of the Tournament was revealed by a Uefa panel on Tuesday – but, according to the stats, they got it wrong.

    Manchester United legend Cristiano Ronaldo missed out on a place upfront despite winning the Golden Boot.

  • Joe Brophy

    BLAME NEYM

    Neymar was Paris Saint-Germain’s secret weapon in their signing of Sergio Ramos.

    The Spaniard revealed that any doubts he had about a move to France were put to bed by the Brazilian.

    Ramos, 34, was monitored by Premier League heavyweights Manchester United, Man City and Chelsea after he left Real Madrid on a free transfer last month.

    In an interview with L’Equipe, and reported by AS, he explained: “Neymar convinced me before signing for PSG.

    “Before signing for a new club, it is always helpful to talk with several players, or with Leonardo or Al Khelaïfi.

    “They all convinced me in their own way.”

  • Joe Brophy

    SPURS SPURNED

    Jules Kounde is reportedly snubbing Tottenham’s advances in the hope of securing a move to a Champions League club.

    Marca claim that the Sevilla ace is keen on a move to Manchester United with the Old Trafford side set to battle for Europe’s top club prize next season.

    And Football journalist Fabrizio Romano admitted that the Red Devils could be set to join the race for the defender’s signature with the club looking to strengthen their defensive options.

    Romano told the Here We Go Podcast: “We need to keep an eye on Manchester United for Kounde.

    “It’s true they want Varane but Kounde has always been on the list. The situation is open.”

  • Joe Brophy

    REAL GAME

    Raphael Varane is allegedly already house hunting in Manchester as Man United look to secure the signing of the defender.

    The Red Devils continue to work on a sensational deal to sign the highly-decorated star this summer transfer window.

    Now Diario AS claims he has already begun house hunting in the North West.

  • Joe Brophy

    MAD WORLD

    Florentino Perez remarkably labelled Cristiano Ronaldo as an 'idiot' and Jose Mourinho as 'abnormal' in a leaked conversation from 2012.

    The recording comes just 24 hours after the Bernabeu chief was revealed to have branded club legends Raul and Iker Casillas as 'frauds' in 2006.

    And now El Confidencial have released more audio of the 74-year-old, and this time he took aim at the Juventus striker and the Special One.

    In a conversation from October 2012, Perez launched a scathing attack on Ronaldo, who would become Real's all-time top goalscorer.

    Speaking of the five-time Ballon d'Or winner, he said: "He's crazy. This guy is an idiot, a sick man.

    "You think this guy is normal, but he's not normal, otherwise, he wouldn't do all the things he does."

  • Joe Brophy

    WAITING GAME

    Manchester United fans are expected to have to wait until August 7 to catch their first glimpse of Jadon Sancho in action.

    The star was at United’s Carrington training ground on Tuesday to take the next step in his career just two days after missing a penalty kick in the Euro 2020 final shoot-out against Italy.

    There was no problem with the medical he underwent and now an official unveiling of him in the club’s new kit is imminent.

    Those members of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad who were not involved in the European Championship have already returned to pre-season training.

    But the 21-year-old will have three weeks off before returning to training with his fellow Euro 2020 Three Lions stars Luke Shaw and Marcus Rashford.

    Now it seems that Sancho will make his United debut in their final friendly before the new Premier League season gets underway.

    And that will come at Old Trafford against the Toffees on August 7.

  • Joe Brophy

    POMPEY SHOCK

    Portsmouth have launched an investigation into claims academy players racially abused England stars in a sickening leaked group chat.

    A leaked group chat has been circulating on social media which appears to show Pompey youngsters sending vile messages to each other following England's penalty shootout loss to Italy in the Euro 2020 final.

    Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka missed their spot-kicks at Wembley as the Italians lifted the trophy.

    A statement read: "Portsmouth Football Club are aware of images circulating on social media that allegedly originate from an academy Under-18 group chat and which are discriminatory in nature.

    "The club have launched an immediate investigation and will provide an update once this has been completed."

  • Joe Brophy

    HAARD TO READ

    Manchester United target Erling Haaland refused to commit his future to the club when asked by German media.

    The 20-year-old is also believed to be a transfer target for European champions Chelsea, with rumours suggesting the Blues will table a huge offer this summer.

    Christian Falk, a journalist for German newspaper Bild, claims the publication asked Haaland if he was staying at Dortmund.

    The Norway international reportedly smiled and said nothing, missing an opportunity to quash any lingering rumours.

  • Joe Brophy

    CROWN JULES

    Manchester United target Jules Kounde has reportedly rejected the chance to move to Spurs despite the club agreeing a £30million fee with Seville.

  • Joe Brophy

    RASH DECISION

    Marcus Rashford has been ruled out of action until October.

    The Manchester United star will need surgery on a shoulder injury that plagued him for much of last season and the Euros.

    The club had hoped Rashford could go under the knife immediately but the surgeon is not available until the end of July.

  • Joe Brophy

    ANT UNDER A BOOT

    SunSport's Neil Custis has given his verdict on Manchester United star Anthony Martial.

  • Joe Brophy

    CRISS CROSS

    Manchester United reportedly face competition from Tottenham in the race to prise defender Cristian Romero away from Serie A this summer.

    The 23-year-old centre-back, who is halfway through a two-year loan spell at Atalanta from Juventus, has earned rave reviews in Italy.

    Atalanta are keen to activate his £13.6million option to buy option clause a year ahead of schedule.

    And according to Calciomercato, they could look to then offload him for a heavy profit as competition for his signature hots up.

    They state that he could be sold for a £39m fee, with any deal to potentially rise to £51m with add-ons.

    Manchester United and Tottenham are claimed to have both expressed an interest in signing him.

  • Gary Stonehouse

    GOOD MORNING UNITED FANS

    JADON SANCHO has completed his medical at Manchester United with an official announcement of his £73million move expected in the next 48 hours.

    Just two days after crucially missing a penalty kick in the Euro 2020 final shoot-out against Italy, Sancho was at United’s Carrington training ground on Tuesday to take the next step in his career.

    There was no problem with the medical.

    And now an official unveiling of him in the club’s new kit is imminent.

    This ends a year-long pursuit of the Borussia Dormund winger after United failed to land him last summer.

    The Bundesliga club were asking over £100million which United refused to pay for such a young player.

    They were always confident of the deal eventually going through with Sancho himself determined to make the move.

    The 21-year-old will now have three weeks off before returning to training with his fellow Three-Lions stars Luke Shaw and Marcus Rashford.

    Having come through Watford and then Manchester City’s academy, Sancho was a star in the Bundesliga scoring 50 goals in 137 appearances for Dortmund.

    The signing is a major boost for Solskjaer who just missed out on his first trophy as manager last season with his own penalty heartache in the Europa League Final.

  • Anthony Chapman

    RASH SURGERY

    England and Man United star Marcus Rashford will be out until October after deciding to undergo shoulder surgery.

    The striker is now set to miss the first two months of the new Premier League season after being plagued by the problem this year.

    Rashford will go under the knife at the end of July after further scans showed extensive damage to the area.

  • Anthony Chapman

    EXCLUSIVE BY JOSE MOURINHO

    The future is bright for English football — you only have to look at the number of excellent young players coming out of your academies to realise that.

    Sure, there is sadness and frustration at losing the Euro 2020 final to Italy.

    But if I compare the academies at Premier League clubs now to how they were when I first arrived in England in 2004, then the improvement is vast.

    I hope leading Premier League managers don’t just think of their own clubs but also the national team and that they give these young English guys more chances.

    READ THE REST OF JOSE’S THOUGHTS HERE

  • Anthony Chapman

    EXCLUSIVE BY CHARLIE WYETT

    Harry Maguire has paid tribute to England’s penalty takers — and admitted he would not have taken one for his country at such a young age.

    Maguire said: “When I was 19 or 20, I would have been standing there saying ‘I don’t want to take one’.

    "There is no chance I would have been putting my hand up at their age.

    “So look at the courage and bravery of these young lads, look at the age of Bukayo, Jadon and Marcus.

    “The things I have gone through have made me more confident and have given me belief.

    “I am able to handle those situations better, now I am happy to take one and I executed it well.

    “These people who are being abusive would not be able to handle the pressure.

    “It is the highest amount of pressure you will feel, so to do it at their age and to show such bravery should be applauded.

    “I spoke with the three lads afterwards. I have checked up with them and seen how they are but they are courageous lads.

    “They should be applauded rather than criticised.

    “I took a penalty in a play-off final shootout for Sheffield United when I was 19 but doing it for England is completely different.”

  • Anthony Chapman

    EXCLUSIVE BY NICK PARKER

    Harry Maguire spoke of his joy tonight at being reunited with his family – and seeing one of his girls walk for the first time.

    Maguire said: “It has been tough in that department – not seeing your families or your kids.

    "I have come home and one of my little ones is walking. I did not see that. It is all part and parcel of the journey.

    “What we did in camp was the correct decision because we didn’t have any positive tests which was important for the journey and creating history like we did.”

  • Anthony Chapman

    EXCLUSIVE BY CHARLIE WYETT

    Harry Maguire believes Euro heartache means England will be even better prepared to win the World Cup.

    He said: “All the disappointments tend to stick around and you always think about them. I still think about Russia and I will still think about this final for many years to come.

    “I wish we could have made it a memorable night. We did everything we could but it was not enough. It still feels raw. I’m still feeling the emotion and I’m still feeling the  disappointment.

    “To not lose a game over the tournament and not come out as champions is really disappointing.

    “But we are in  a lot better place compared to after Russia.

    “Hopefully we will come back from Qatar in an even better place than now.

    “This tournament we won three knockout games and lost one on penalties. This shows the way we have gone forward as a team.

    “We are a young team with a bad experience of losing the final. But we will learn from it.

    “For me personally, I felt a lot better playing in the final than I did against Croatia in the semi-finals in terms of my mental state, confidence and belief.

    “I am sure if we get to another knockout game, the lads who have got to this tournament will learn and improve. The World Cup is only 16 months away.”

  • Anthony Chapman

    EXCLUSIVE BY CHARLIE WYETT, KATE FERGUSON AND JONATHAN REILLY

    Furious Harry Maguire called for a clampdown on social media giants — saying they make it too easy for racists to abuse footballers online.

    He said: “Something needs to be done. The companies need to verify every account.

    “It is too easy to troll and abuse. To be racist is just too easy to be done and get away with.

    “The amount of times we lose a football match with Manchester United and it happens — something needs to be changed.

    “There are so many good sides to social media. We want to show fans what we are doing in-camp and want to interact and tell them how we feel.

    “There is a negative side but it can be stopped and changed. We need it to change.”

  • Anthony Chapman

    EXCLUSIVE BY CHARLIE WYETT AND NICK PARKER

    England ace Harry Maguire has told how his dad Alan was left with suspected broken ribs by ticketless yobs who stormed Wembley.

    Maguire said: “It was not a nice experience — it shook him up. But he was fortunate as every game he has been to he has had my nephew or one of my kids on his shoulders.

    “So I’m thankful that did not happen as it could have been a really serious moment.

    “My dad was in the stampede. I have not spoken with him too much but I am pleased my kids didn’t go to the game. 

    “It was scary — he said he was scared and I don’t want anyone to experience that at a football match.

    “I have seen a lot of videos and have spoken to Dad and my family. It was my dad and agent who suffered the most.

    “I hope we can learn from this and make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

  • Anthony Chapman

    REAL DEAL

    Man United are reportedly in direct talks with Real Madrid over a deal for Raphael Varane.

    Fabrizio Romano claims the two clubs are discussing a transfer fee for the France defender.

    And personal terms will be no problem, with Varane keen on making the move.

  • Anthony Chapman

    GRIEZY RIDER

    Atletico Madrid have instantly rejected Barcelona's offer to swap Nou Camp flop Antoine Griezmann for Joao Felix.

    Marca claims Diego Simeone is not interested in re-signing Griezmann, especially at the expense of Atleti’s record signing Felix.

    Griezmann has been tipped to leave Barca this summer, with Man United, Man City and Chelsea linked.

  • Anthony Chapman

    STAND TOGETHER

    Hundreds of well-wishers have arrived at Marcus Rashford's mural for a Stand Up To Racism vigil after the England hero was targeted with vile abuse.

    Crowds took the knee at this evening at the Stand Up to Racism demonstration as they showed their support for Three Lions stars who received sickening racist abuse.

  • Anthony Chapman

    SHAW THING

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has hailed Luke Shaw’s Euro 2020 heroics.

    And he believes the left-back can continue his terrific form back at Man United.

    Solskjaer said: “I’m so happy for Luke. I was watching it and ‘what’s just happened?'”

    “He started the attack and we’ve encouraged him to get into the last third.

    “We know how technically gifted he is and skilful he is and he hit the ball very, very sweetly. 

    “He keeps his eye on the ball, straight laces and it’s margins again – off the post and in, not off the post and out. 

    “That’s football for you. Luke deserves all the luck he can get. He’s had a tremendous couple of years with us.”

    Source: Read Full Article