Man Utd star Fred suffers fresh vile racist abuse on social media after Liverpool loss just weeks after boycott

Man Utd star Fred suffers fresh vile racist abuse on social media after Liverpool loss just weeks after boycott

MANCHESTER UNITED midfielder Fred has been subjected to more horrific racist abuse on social media just two weeks after the social media boycott.

The Brazilian started for the Red Devils in their 4-2 defeat to Liverpool on Thursday evening.

And after the match he was sent the vile racist abuse via the comment section of an Instagram post from Man Utd's win over Aston Villa on Sunday.

The shocking remarks included racial slurs and 'monkey emojis'.

Fred was previously the victim of online racial abuse following Man Utd's defeat to Leicester in the FA Cup back in March.

The most recent abuse comes just 11 days after the end of the social media blackout, which was undertaken in a bid to force those in control of the platforms to do more to end the abuse.

In a statement on Friday, a Facebook spokesperson told Sky Sports: "The racist abuse on Fred's post is unacceptable and we don't want it on Instagram.

"We've removed a number of comments and taken action against the accounts that posted them.

"We encourage people to use our safety features, including Comment Filters and Message Controls, which can meaningfully decrease the abuse people experience.

"No single thing will fix this challenge overnight but we're committed to doing what we can to keep our community safe from abuse."

Facebook owns Instagram, where the latest abuse towards Fred took place.

Fred is the latest in a long line of United players who have been targeted by cowardly, obscene racist abuse online.

Marcus Rashford, Axel Tuanzebe, Anthony Martial and Lauren James have all suffered racist abuse on social media this season.

When Fred was targeted back in March, he said: "Social media comments filled with hate and, above all, racism: we cannot feed that culture.

"We cannot accept it. We have to fight it always. We are bigger and better than that. Enough!"

Following Fred's comments after the first abuse he received, Instagram later confirmed they had removed a number of accounts relating to what had happened.

Read our Football live blog for the very latest news from around the grounds

    Source: Read Full Article