Man Utd news LIVE: Rangnick claims board DENIED Haaland, Diaz, Gvardiol signings, Sheriff build up | The Sun

Man Utd news LIVE: Rangnick claims board DENIED Haaland, Diaz, Gvardiol signings, Sheriff build up | The Sun

FORMER Manchester United striker Louis Saha has claimed that it will be difficult for his ex-club to replace Cristiano Ronaldo's goals.

The Frenchman believes United letting Ronaldo go would be a mistake amid speculation that the Portuguese legend wants out in January

Meanwhile, Real Madrid ace Brahim Diaz has reportedly had an anti-Manchester United clause inserted into his contract.

Diaz, 23, is excelling on loan at AC Milan but spent his youth career with Manchester City.

And it appears that savvy City negotiators have written up some terms which hinders him from going to Manchester United in the future.

Keep up to date with our blog for the latest build up news on Manchester United's Europa League clash against Sheriff Tiraspol.

Get all the latest news, updates and transfer gossip here…

  • Sam Dymond

    United charged for Chelsea incident

    Manchester United have been charged by the FA for improper conduct during Saturday's 1-1 draw with Chelsea.

    United players are said to have failed to 'conduct themselves in an orderly fashion' following the award of a penalty to the Londoners with just minutes remaining of the game at Stamford Bridge.

    Several of Erik ten Hag's team surrounded referee Stuart Atwell after Scott McTominay was penalised for holding Armando Broja.

    The Old Trafford club have until tomorrow (October 28) to respond.

  • Kostas Lianos

    Good morning Man Utd fans

    Cristiano Ronaldo will return to the Manchester United squad to face Sheriff Tiraspol TONIGHT after clear-the-air talks with Erik ten Hag.

    And the Portuguese forward is expected to be thrown straight back into the starting XI following his club-enforced one-match ban.

    Ronaldo has said he is “back on track” in a defiant Instagram post as he looks to get another fresh start at Old Trafford.

    The 37-year-old has sent a determined message ahead of the game as he looks to convince fans he is up for the fight.

    Alongside a picture of him in training, he wrote on Instagram: “Back on track, with the same commitment and dedication as always!”

    He added a muscle emoji to his post.

    Man Utd new boy Casemiro has hailed Ronaldo as an “exceptional person” after helping him and fellow summer signing Antony settle in at Old Trafford.

    Casemiro, 30, worked with Ronaldo at Real Madrid, where they won one LaLiga title and four Champions Leagues together.

    And the Brazil star hailed the 700 club-goal man as a “great friend” and an “exceptional person” for helped him and Antony “from the moment we arrived” following their big-money transfers from Real and Ajax respectively

  • Alex Cole

    What Rangnick said

    Former interim manager Ralf Rangnick confirmed the club denied him the chance to sign a striker – even on loan.

    Rangnick said: "The answer at the time was no there was no player on the market that could really help us – there were a few, Diaz who is now at Liverpool, Alvarez who will be at Manchester City in the summer, Vlahovic who at the time still was with Fiorentina those are just three of them that come across my mind now.

    "We had four days off at the time and on the Sunday I was informed about the issues with Mason Greenwood and obviously Anthony Martial had already left and then I was aware that within four days we had some strikers missing and it might make sense, we were still in three competitions – Champions League, FA Cup and fourth in the league but that's the past and it doesn't help us anymore.

    "I spoke to the board and said shouldn't we at least speak and try and analyse if we could get a player either on loan or as a permanent deal but in the end the answer was no.

    "I still believe that we should have at least tried, if we would've found and been able in 48 hours, 48 hours is short notice but it's still 48 hours, it might have been worth to try and internally discuss but we didn't and it was not done."

  • Alex Cole

    Rangnick's pleas went unanswered

    And the German was left short in the forwards department after Anthony Martial left the club on loan for Sevilla and Mason Greenwood was suspended indefinitely by the club.

    That left United relying on Cristiano Ronaldo, 37, who provided the goods when they needed him, to the tune of 24 goals across all competitions.

    Nonetheless, additional support would've helped United's push for a top-four finish, which they narrowly missed out on last term, coming in at sixth.

    Rangnick has since told Bild journalist Christian Falk that he tried to sign a forward in the January transfer window.

    Names such as now Manchester City ace Haaland, Liverpool's Diaz, RB Leipzig's Christopher Nkunku, Fiorentina's Dusan Vlahovic and Alavaro Morata were all recommended.

    A defensive reinforcement in Josko Gvardiol was also put forward, but the club refused to seal any winter transfers.

    Rangnick confirmed in May that the club didn't try for a forward late on in January.

  • Alex Cole

    Board blocked Haaland transfer, says Rangnick

    Man Utd's board blocked transfers for the likes of Erling Haaland and Luis Diaz, former interim manager Ralf Rangnick has claimed.

    Rangnick, 64, was temporarily placed in charge of Man Utd until the end of last season following Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's sacking last November.

  • Alex Cole

    Barca out of Champions League with a wimper

    Barcelona crashed OUT at the group stage for the second season in a row before they could even play their fifth group game against Bayern Munich.

    The players discovered their fate as they warmed up for their match at the Nou Camp.

    Inter Milan beat Viktoria Plzen in the early game 4-0, taking their points tally to ten with one game left.

    Their early exit plunges the skint Spanish club into a further £18million black hole.

    They will join Manchester United in the Europa League.

  • Alex Cole

    Ronaldo is 'back on track'

    CRISTIANO RONALDO has said he is "back on track" in a defiant Instagram post as he looks for a fresh start at Old Trafford.

    The 38-year-old is trying to work his way into Erik ten Hag's good books after he refused to come off the bench against Tottenham last week.

    And Ronaldo has sent a determined message ahead of the game as he looks to convince fans he is up for the fight.

    Alongside a picture of him in training, he wrote on Instagram: "Back on track, with the same commitment and dedication as always!"

    He adds a muscle emoji to his post.

  • Alex Cole

    United’s next five

    Wets Ham are sandwiched in between Europa League clashes – including tomorrow's bout with Sheriff.

    Then back-to-back games against Aston Villa follow, with one in the Premier League then an EFL Cup tie.

    Both will be against Unai Emery as he takes over as Villa boss.

  • Alex Cole

    United clash on tele this weekend

    Here are the chosen televised games in the Prem:

    Saturday, October 29

    • Leicester vs Manchester City (12:30pm) – BT Sport 1.
    • Fulham vs Everton (5:30pm) – Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League.
    • Liverpool vs Leeds United (7:45pm) – Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League.

    Sunday, October 30

    • Manchester United vs West Ham (4:15pm) – Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League.

    BST time zone applies

    • Alex Cole

      Casemiro on 'great friend' Ronaldo

      Casemiro told United's club website: "First of all, Cris is a great friend of ours, he's always helped us from the moment we arrived.

      "He's an exceptional person, I already knew him from Real Madrid, we've worked together for a long time."

      The midfielder provided the assist for Ronaldo's 700th goal of his club career in the 2-1 win over Everton earlier this month.

      And Casemiro hopes Ronaldo continues to score goals for United.

      He continued: "The more goals he scores for us the better."

    • Alex Cole

      Casemiro hails 'exceptional person' Ronaldo

      Man Utd new boy Casemiro has hailed Cristiano Ronaldo as an "exceptional person" after helping him and fellow summer signing Antony settle in at Old Trafford.

      Casemiro, 30, worked with Ronaldo, 37, at Real Madrid, where they won one LaLiga title and four Champions Leagues together.

      And the Brazil star hailed the 700 club-goal man as a "great friend" and an "exceptional person" for helped him and Antony "from the moment we arrived" following their big-money transfers from Real and Ajax respectively.

    • Alex Cole

      SunSport's alternative XI vs Sheriff

      The alternative option sees skipper Harry Maguire come back into the side.

      Ten Hag added on his captain: “Harry always has an important role, he was injured, happy in his own way back and now he has to get back into games.

      “It's always about performance, about presentation and I think regarding his qualities, no problem, great player and great capabilities to do a job for us.”

    • Alex Cole

      SunSport's predicted XI vs Sheriff

      Check out Joshua Jones' predicted XI for tomorrow's Europa league clash.

    • Alex Cole

      Likely Man Utd XI for tomorrow

      Ronaldo will likely lead the line with David De Gea providing protection at the other end of the pitch.

      Raphael Varane will not feature again until the World Cup so it will likely be a back four of Diogo Dalot, Lisandro Martinez, Victor Lindelof and Tyrell Malacia for the visit of the Moldovan champions.

      United will be desperate to win and then see off Real Sociedad convincingly in the final group game to secure top spot and avoid a tricky preliminary play-off against one of the teams to drop down from the Champions League, such as Juventus.

      Fit-again Harry Maguire could be involved after resuming to full training – while Luke Shaw and the returning Aaron Wan-Bissaka may feature.

      In midfield, Ten Hag has plenty of options but Fred and Scott McTominay are the likely starters against Sheriff with Bruno Fernandes ahead.

      Eriksen, Casemiro and even Donny van de Beek, back from injury, could get minutes.

      With Anthony Martial still shaking off a back problem, it may well be Marcus Rashford and Anthony Elanga in the wide areas supporting Ronaldo – with Antony and Jadon Sancho the other options.

    • Alex Cole

      How Ten Hag will draft Ronaldo back in

      Cristiano Ronaldo will return to the Manchester United squad to face Sheriff Tiraspol on Tuesday night after clear-the-air talks with Erik ten Hag.

      And the Portuguese forward is expected to be thrown straight back into the starting XI following his club-enforced one-match ban.

      Ronaldo, 37, was fined and suspended after refusing to come on against Tottenham, missing the 1-1 draw at Chelsea.

      But manager Ten Hag confirmed his No7 has served his punishment and will be back at Old Trafford for the Europa League clash.

      The Red Devils boss said: “It's not difficult. But I think we said everything and we answered all the questions, he was out for one game and is back in the squad as usual.

      “I don't have to do it anymore. It's done, he's back, focus on the game, that's important that Cristiano is involved.”

    • Alex Cole

      ICYMI – Ronaldo in squad for Sheriff

      Cristiano Ronaldo will be back in the Manchester United squad for their clash with Sheriff tomorrow night, Erik ten Hag has confirmed.

      The Dutchman suspended Ronaldo after he stormed down the tunnel prior to the final whistle against Tottenham having refused to come on as a sub.

      The 37-year-old was made to train by himself at Carrington and missed Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Chelsea.

      But after clearing the air with his manager Ronaldo will be involved again tomorrow.

      Ten Hag, 52, said: “Cristiano will be in the squad tomorrow. Rapha Varane isn’t. He will be out until the World Cup.”

    • Alex Cole

      Ronaldo document investigated

      Guardia Di Finanza, the Italian financial police, are currently digging to find private documents and agreements between the club and their players during the three-year period.

      However, Gazzetta claim they have already sourced a secret document signed by Ronaldo and Juventus, which emerged from wiretaps of some of the Old Lady's directors last December.

      Those wiretaps allegedly made reference to a "famous document that should not have theoretically existed".

      It is alleged the agreement – possibly omitted from official audits – vowed to pay Ronaldo £17m, even if he left the Turin-based team.

      La Stampa, another Italian newspaper, reported on Monday that the five-time Ballon d'Or winner was approached for a comment by prosecutors but refused to talk.

      Juventus were cleared of the accusation by the Sporting Justice earlier in 2022.

    • Alex Cole

      Juventus investigated for fake documents

      Juventus allegedly promised to pay Cristiano Ronaldo £17million during the Covid-19 pandemic, according to bombshell secret documents.

      The Italian giants confirmed their players would take significant salary reductions when the world went into lockdown.

      That included the squad agreeing to waive four months of wages from March 2020.

      But La Gazzetta dello Sport state the club are being investigated amid claims they falsified documents including balance sheets in 2019, 2020 and 2021.

      And it is suggested the investigators are aiming to prove the salary cuts did not happen.

      Meanwhile, the report adds 16 Juventus officials – including president Andrea Agnelli, vice president Pavel Nedved and now-Tottenham chief Fabio Paratici – are being probed for their potential involvement.

    • Alex Cole

      Maguire, Van de Beek and and Wan-Bissaka all return

      Erik ten Hag provided another update on Harry Maguire, Donny van de Beek and Aaron Wan-Bissaka ahead of the clash with Sheriff.

      The Dutch boss spoke to Man Utd's official site during his pre-match press conference at Carrington.

      He said: "They are all back in training. Donny, Harry and Aaron are all in training for preparation for tomorrow's game."

      When asked if the trio could be involved against the Moldovan side, Ten Hag replied: "We will assess after training. Together with the medical [staff], I will take the decision."

    • Alex Cole

      More on FA charge

      Speaking after the incident at Newcastle, Ten Hag said: “I must say I don't think it was too strong, it wasn't really aggressive but I don't know what's happening exactly on the pitch, I was too far away.

      “I saw it back on the video. There was a touch from the Newcastle player, quite clear and they went to the ref to ask about.

      “First of all, I want to express that: we have always accepted the ref’s decisions and it is also quite normal you ask why in the moment. It was a curious incident, you ask as a team why.

      “It was quite obvious the player from Newcastle touched the ball and our players took advantage of it

      “My view is finally, quite quick, you have to accept, it's the ref's decision, you accept it and have to move on.

      “We are an example for amateurs, for youth.

      “Professional players, quite clearly, we have to know our role.”

    • Kealan Hughes

      Eriksen enjoying life with Casemiro

      Christian Eriksen is enjoying playing alongside Casemiro and believes he can strike up a good partnership with the Brazilian.

      The Dane told the Manchester United media team: "I think you've seen the games, we like playing together.

      "Of course, we're still starting to get to know each other on and off the pitch. He's a nice guy outside of the pitch as well.

      "But on the pitch, you can see big football knowledge, people know he's been playing games like this, the last eight years I want to say, in Madrid so I'm not surprised he can cope. It's lovely to play with him."

    • Kealan Hughes

      United hit by FA charge

      Manchester United have been handed yet another FA charge for failing to control their players during Saturday's 1-1 draw with Chelsea, less than a week after receiving a similar punishment against Newcastle.

      Casemiro's 94th minute equaliser at Stamford Bridge rescued a point for the Red Devils, who fell behind after Scott McTominay conceded a penalty for hauling down Armando Broja in the box ten minutes earlier.

      Upon conceding the spot-kick, Manchester United's players protested explosively, surrounding referee Stuart Atwell.

      The FA released the following statement on Wednesday: "Manchester United FC has been charged with a breach of FA Rule E20.1 after its fixture versus Chelsea FC on Saturday 22 October 2022 in the Premier League.

      "Manchester United allegedly failed to ensure that its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion in the 84th minute, and the club has until Friday 28 October 2022 to provide a response."

    • Kealan Hughes

      Allardyce questions United transfer strategy

      Sam Allardyce has told the No Tippy Tappy Football podcast he can’t believe Manchester United didn’t try to sign Jude Bellingham.

      He said: “I don’t think he should have gone [to Germany],” he said.

      “I think Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal or Liverpool missed a magnificent opportunity to snap him up.

      “Birmingham at this stage are always going to be struggling for cash, and looking to capitalise on such a great player that they had.”

    • Kealan Hughes

      Ronaldo part of Juventus investigation

      Investigators have reportedly discovered secret documents signed by Cristiano Ronaldo and Juventus, which show the club promising their former striker almost €20million (£17m) during the Covid-19 pandemic.

      As a result, the Italian giants — who had announced hefty salary reductions during that period — are under investigation for falsifying accounts, according to reports.

      Juventus revealed in March 2020 that their players were waiving four months of wages because of the pandemic, and investigators are now trying to prove that this was not case.

      According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Serie A club are suspected of having falsified their balance sheets during 2019, 2020 and 2021.

      In addition, 16 of the club's chiefs — including president Andrea Agnelli and vice president Pavel Nedved — are under investigation as confirmed by the Turin prosecutor.

    • Kealan Hughes

      Man Utd consider midfielder sale

      Manchester United could “cut their losses” on £40million forgotten man Donny van de Beek.

      The Dutch ace, 25, has been a major flop since his Premier League move in 2020.

      Sky Sports’ Dharmesh Sheth reckons United could now let Van de Beek leave for a bargain price.

      Ajax failed with an attempt to re-sign the playmaker over the summer.

      There was also interest from Italian champs AC Milan. And Leicester are now thought to be preparing a £13m January bid.

    Source: Read Full Article