MANCHESTER CITY are reportedly ready to make an offer for Cristiano Ronaldo but don't plan on paying Juventus a penny.
Instead, City allegedly want to give all the cash to Ronaldo, by attempting to lure the 36-year-old with £26million over two years, according to respected Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio.
But the Eithad giants are likely to face resistance from Juventus who reportedly want £25m for the Portuguese forward, whose contract ends next summer.
This will allow the Serie A outfit, who finished fourth in the league last season, to find a replacement for Ronaldo before the transfer market closes.
Juventus reportedly like the idea of taking on City's Brazilian striker Gabriel Jesus in a swap, but boss Pep Guardiola is said to have rebuffed that idea.
Despite the difficulties City may face convincing Juve to let Ronaldo leave on their terms, they remain undeterred in their efforts.
After liaising with Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes, he's allegedly arrived in Turin with the hopes of sealing the deal, according to Di Marzio.
The Italian claims Mendes is yet to meet with Juventus about the Premier League Champions' proposal, but they're aware of his presence in the city.
BETTING SPECIAL – GET £50 IN FREE BETS WITH WILLIAM HILL
Guardiola's reportedly taking out all the stops to secure Ronaldo's signature after missing out on Tottenham's Harry Kane.
The 28-year-old England captain revealed he will NOT be leaving Spurs with a surprise tweet on Wednesday.
He said: "It was incredible to see the reception from the Spurs fans on Sunday and to read some of the messages of support I've had in the last few weeks.
"I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."
Ronaldo posted a statement himself earlier this month in which he ruled out a return to Real Madrid but did not commit his future to Juventus.
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS
Source: Read Full Article