Fans jump on cars in shocking scenes as Stoke fans destroy toilets against rivals Port Vale

Fans jump on cars in shocking scenes as Stoke fans destroy toilets against rivals Port Vale

At least 12 fans were arrested last night during the first Potteries derby in 16 years, as Port Vale beat Stoke's Under-21s 4-0.

Seats were ripped from the stands and launched towards police and stewards – along with bottles and flares – as the Checkatrade Trophy contest boiled over.

Following the game, footage of the Port Vale bathrooms was spread around social media, with toilets torn out and windows smashed by idiotic supporters.

Now footage has emerged of Stoke fans jumping up and down on cars at around 10.20pm last night.

The incident took place on Hamil Road, as Potters fans loudly chanted: "Go on Stoke!"

In the clip, one fan can be seen pulling a hood over the his face as his friend steps down from the visibly-damaged bonnet of a vehicle.

A woman claiming to be the owner of the vehicle has slammed the vandals and criticised the lack of police on the evening.

However, many police officers had been diverted to Burslem town centre which had become a flashpoint for violent scenes.

More than 4,000 Stoke fans travelled to the Checkatrade Trophy match, with nearly 8,000 supporters flocking to Vale Park for the hotly-contested affair.

Stoke and Port Vale have a long-standing rivalry with the two grounds situated just 3.4miles apart.

Staffordshire police deployed over 200 officers after the Potters sold their entire 4,000 allocation in just two days.

And they struggled to control the two sets of supporters who were baying for blood throughout the game.

The situation continued to spiral out of control after the final whistle with Stoke fans clashing with police as they were held in the stadium to keep them away from Vale fans.

They openly fought with officers who were attempting to pen them in as they desperately tried to contain the trouble.

There had earlier been random fights breaking out before the match as supporters made their way to the game.

And Stoke supporters drinking in the Tommy Cheadle's pub within the stadium also wrecked the bar and smashed windows.

St John's Ambulance volunteers on duty suggested they had treated a number of people for injuries following the violence.

Source: Read Full Article