JUVENTUS are reportedly considering a huge top-to-bottom overhaul if they fail to reach next season's Champions League.
Cristiano Ronaldo, Andrea Pirlo and several other key figures could depart if the Old Lady's financial situation worsens.
Talks over a fresh wage deferral are underway, according to Corriere dello Sport, to minimise the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
The measure would see at least a portion of the squad's pay for the period from March to June postponed to later in the year, saving up to £76million.
Such an agreement was necessary last year when Giorgio Chiellini and Gianluigi Buffon were said to have played a key role in dressing room talks.
But fresh deferrals may not be enough if Juve finish outside the top four.
A 2-2 draw with Torino on the weekend left Pirlo's side fourth in Serie A, level on points with Napoli ahead of their showdown on Wednesday.
After winning nine Scudetti in a row, such a failure would further erode the club's finances.
News emerged last week that a hefty £14.3m was still owed to Maurizio Sarri this season following his summer sacking.
And the situation in the dugout is said to be causing great frustration for club president Andrea Agnelli.
CASINO SIGN UP OFFER: CLAIM UP TO £800 IN CASINO BONUS CASH
Managing director Fabio Paratici hired both Sarri and Pirlo and, as reported by the Mail, his job is under serious threat.
Rumours are circulating that midfield legend Pirlo could also be fired if Juventus lose to Napoli.
The Bianconeri have publicly backed the 41-year-old amid criticism of his players.
After Ronaldo's haul of 24 league goals from 23 starts, the next-best tally of seven, held by Alvaro Morata and Federico Chiesa, is some way behind.
Aaron Ramsey and Adrien Rabiot, both Paratici signings, have failed to make a serious impact and could leave in the summer.
Paulo Dybala is also strongly linked with an exit while high-earning defender Matthijs de Ligt is named as another potential sale if Champions League football cannot be secured.
Missing out on the top four could herald the departure of Ronaldo, 36, who is set for talks over his future in the summer with just over a year left on his contract.
The upheaval may also guarantee Juve favourites Chiellini and Buffon being moved on, as well as first-choice goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny.
But it is the future of coach Pirlo, 41, that is most up for debate ahead of the run-in.
Some 12 points off leaders Inter Milan and out of Europe, the ex-playmaker has nevertheless been defended by Fabio Cannavaro.
The Italian, 47, has called on the club to show faith having been fully aware of Pirlo's inexperience when appointing the rookie.
He told La Gazzetta dello Sport: "When Juve chose Andrea, they knew very well that he had no experience.
If Juve don’t give Pirlo a chance, why did they hire him? The club would have been wrong twice if they were to sack him now.
"And it is logical that he should need time to mature, even his relationship with the team. There are still 30 points at stake so it is right to leave the judgement pending.
"He has done good things, bringing through young players and managing a difficult dressing room of players who have won a lot. Of course, some things don't work. He is human.
"After all, if Juve don’t give him a chance, why did they choose him last summer? The club would have been wrong twice if they were to sack him now."
⚽ Read our Football live blog for the very latest news from around the grounds
Source: Read Full Article