DUSTIN POIRIER has penned his contract for his trilogy fight with Conor McGregor.
A rubber match between the former featherweights has been in the works ever since Poirier's stunning second-round KO victory over the Irishman at UFC 257 in January.
Late last month, it emerged the promotion had earmarked UFC 264 on July 10 for the blockbuster series decider.
And former interim lightweight champ Poirier has put pen to paper on the bout agreement recently issued to him by the UFC brass.
ESPN's Ariel Helwani was the first to report the news of Poirier inking his deal.
Former two-division champion McGregor, 32, is understood to have agreed his side of the deal several weeks ago.
The UFC are hoping to hold their eighth pay-per-view event of the year at The T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
When asked if the card could possibly take place at the T-Mobile, UFC chief Dana White recently said: "I hope so, that's the plan."
CASINO SIGN UP OFFER: CLAIM UP TO £800 IN CASINO BONUS CASH
When pressed on the fight potentially headlining the event, White added: "I hope so. We all hope so."
Fan favourite Poirier turned the mixed martial arts world upside down with his stunning stoppage victory over The Notorious, who he lost to nearly seven years ago at UFC 178.
Porier brutalised McGregor's lead leg with debilitating calf kicks on his way to earning the biggest win of his storied career.
But he's expecting the pride of Dublin to have a better handle on them when they meet again later this year.
When asked if he reckons he has Mystic Mac's number, Poirier told UFC commentator Joe Rogan: "It's fighting, man.
"I don't think you ever really have [someone's number].
"He'll make adjustments and it'll be a completely different fight.
"Like the first one and the second was different, the third one is gonna be different as well."
Poirier intends to enter the blockbuster fight with a different approach, adding: "I'm gonna make adjustments as well.
"I've gotta switch it up, keep things fresh and keep him guessing."
McGregor is champing at the bit to share the octagon with Poirier again and pick up his first win in the lightweight division in nearly five years.
He recently wrote on Instagram: "One a piece now with a trilogy bout for all the marbles! Wow! Exciting!
“Not a trilogy I was expecting, nor the tactical affair I was anticipating, but I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t meant to be.
“This is exactly how this was always meant to be! Buzzing!!”
Source: Read Full Article