CONOR MCGREGOR has vowed to use his horrific leg break as a 'launchpad' for a spectacular comeback.
The MMA superstar shattered his left tibia and fibula in his UFC 264 trilogy fight with Dustin Poirier last month, which he lost via first-round TKO.
Despite being in a protective boot, McGregor, 33, is already back in the gym and on the road to recovery.
And The Notorious plans to make a 'major' return to the octagon next year.
On Wednesday night, McGregor reflected on the UFC's parent company's latest financial figures, tweeting: "Endeavors half-year turnover announced! $1.1bn
"Incredible! Huge congrats to all! 2 fights it took me.
"Would have loved to keep it going to round out the year but this setback is just the launch pad for my major comeback!!
"Almost 6 weeks over surgery now! Wow! #OhYes @Endeavor."
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
The UFC's first simultaneous two-weight world champion has made Los Angeles his home away from home as he recovers from his potentially career-ending injury.
After being spotted by TMZ earlier this month, McGregor said: "We're recovering. We're recovering, sir.
"That's what we're doing. And it's gonna be some recovery. It's gonna be some recovery.
"It's doing good, it's doing good. Three weeks, three days, it's been good."
McGregor is expected to be on the sidelines until next July at the earliest, although UFC chief Dana White believes the Irishman will return to full training next April.
During an appearance on The Pat McAfee Show, White said: "As far as I'm concerned, Conor is out for a year.
This setback is just the launch pad for my major comeback
"The doctor said it will be nine months before he starts training again, we're looking at it as a year.
"I'm not even thinking about it."
White is eager for McGregor's comeback fight to be a fourth encounter with fan favourite Poirier, who is set to challenge Charles Oliveira for the lightweight title later this year.
And the UFC's poster boy is confident he'll be fighting for lightweight gold when he next sets foot inside the octagon.
When asked if he'd ever return to the boxing ring, McGregor said: "Possibly.
"The leg tho [sic] will be more than equipped to kick.
"I am billi walking straight to a title shot on my return and it sickens the bums of this business.
"Which is the real reason these constant disrespectful comments come by way. God bless them.”
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS
Source: Read Full Article