The Columbus Blue Jackets (3-3-0) and Chicago Blackhawks (1-2-1) meet up at United Center Friday at 8:30 p.m. ET. Below, we break down the Blue Jackets vs. Blackhawks odds and lines, with NHL betting picks and tips.
Blue Jackets at Blackhawks: Projected starting goalies
Joonas Korpisalo vs. Corey Crawford
Korpisalo is 3-2 through five starts with a .903 save percentage and a 2.60 goals against average. He has allowed just two goals in each of his last three starts, stopping 30 of 32 shots on goal in his two most recent games. The fifth-year veteran is in his first season as the starter. He has a career .907 SV% and 2.87 GAA.
Crawford’s struggles from last season have carried over into the start of 2019-20. He has a .900 SV% and 3.40 GAA, largely due to the poor play of the team in front of him. He’s coming off his best start of the season in which he allowed just one goal on 28 shots in a home win over the Edmonton Oilers.
Blue Jackets at Blackhawks: By the numbers
Get some hockey betting action on this game by placing a bet at BetMGM.
- The two teams split last season’s two head-to-head meetings. They each won on the road, with Chicago winning 4-1 and Columbus winning 5-2.
- The Blue Jackets are 1-5 overall against the spread. They’re 1-1 ATS on the road and 2-4 against the Over/Under.
- The Blackhawks are 2-2 overall ATS and 1-2 ATS at home. They’re 2-2 against the Over/Under.
- Chicago is 1-1-1 at home. Columbus is 1-1-0 on the road.
- The Blue Jackets have been outscored 20-14 through six games. The Blackhawks have been outscored 13-12.
- Both teams are coming off wins. The Blue Jackets beat the Dallas Stars 3-2 on home ice Wednesday for their second win in a row. The Blackhawks defeated the Oilers 3-1 Monday.
- Columbus is outshooting the opposition 33.3 to 29.0 on average. Chicago is being outshot 33.3 to 31.3.
- The Blackhawks have had a league-low nine power-play opportunities. They have two goals with the man advantage. The Blue Jackets are 3-for-18 on the power play.
- Both sides have allowed five power-play goals. The Blackhawks have been in 13 short-handed situations. The Blue Jackets have given up 19 power-play opportunities.
Blue Jackets at Blackhawks: Key injuries
Blue Jackets RW Josh Anderson (upper body) was held out of action Wednesday. He has missed four straight games.
Blue Jackets at Blackhawks: Odds, picks and betting tips
Odds courtesy of BetMGM; access them at USA TODAY Sports for a full set of today’s betting odds. Odds last updated at 9 a.m. ET.
Moneyline : Take the value with the visiting BLUE JACKETS at +125. The Blackhawks – and Crawford – don’t deserve the respect of being -149 favorites, even at home.
Spread : Even the -208 for Columbus to cover a spread of +1.5 is an adequate play. It’s a little chalkier than we would like, but the $4.80 profit on a $10 bet is enough for a small wager.
Over/Under : Take the UNDER 6.5 (-139). Both teams are being outscored on a per-game basis, and the offensive struggles will continue for both sides. We’re looking for a 3-2 win for the Blue Jackets to cash all three of our bets.
Esten’s NHL betting record: 30-24
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @EstenMcLaren and @SportsbookWire on Twitter .
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
Patrick Mahomes’ injury could mean the Madden Curse has struck again
Patrick Mahomes injury update: What we know Friday morning
Two brutal graphics aired during TNF showed just how bad John Elway is at finding QBs
Colin Kaepernick is the perfect replacement for Patrick Mahomes
Patrick Mahomes’ knee injury is another sad reminder that TNF is dangerous and dumb
Source: Read Full Article