BILLY JOE SAUNDERS will defend his WBO super-middleweight title for the second time when he takes on Martin Murray.
Saunders hasn't been in a ring since his November 2019 TKO win over Marcelo Coceres on the KSI vs Logan Paul undercard.
The Matchroom fighter had all but secured a huge money-making fight with Canelo Alvarez back in May before the coronavirus pandemic scuppered those plans.
And for the first time since lockdown, Saunders is back in the ring against Brit Murray.
Elsewhere on the bill, Eddie Hearn's new signing Lerrone Richards is in action, as is potential future Saunders foe Zach Parker.
James Tennyson is also in a big WBA lightweight title eliminator with Canadian Josh O'Reilly.
Saunders vs Murray FULL CARD
- Billy Joe Saunders vs Martin Murray (WBO super-middleweight title)
- James Tennyson vs Josh O'Reilly (lightweight)
- Zach Parker vs Cesar Nunez (vacant WBO international super-middleweight title)
- Donte Dixon vs Angelo Dragone (super-featherweight)
- Shannon Courtenay vs Dorota Norek (super-bantamweight)
- Lerrone Richards vs TBA (super-middleweight)
- Lewis Edmondson vs John Telford (light-heavyweight)
What have the fighters said?
Saunders: “I promised Martin Murray his shot from the first time, but I was injured. People can say I pulled out because of this and that, but genuinely I was.
"The discussion with myself and Eddie [Hearn], the Canelo talk was back on — I just think that the Canelo camp didn’t want me for the style, end of. Then it was obviously the Smith fight we talked about, obviously he’s fighting Canelo now.
“So I looked down the list. Martin Murray has challenged for a world title four times, this is his fifth. There’s history there.
Murray: "I've been in with more fearsome punchers, but Billy Joe can obviously punch. It's the shots you don't see that really hurt you.
"Billy Joe is that fast and that slick that there could be a few of them. I'm not going into the fight thinking I'm invincible or will be able to walk through his power."
What channel is Saunders vs Murray on?
- You can catch Saunders vs Murray on Sky Sports Main Event on Friday, December 4.
- The action will get underway from 7pm UK time, with Saunders vs Murray to get underway at around 10.15pm.
- The event is available for streaming from the NOW TV or Sky Go app, both of which can be downloaded onto your mobile or tablet device.
Source: Read Full Article