Here are the key dates to make sure your festive post makes it to the right place at the right time.
What are the last days to send post within Britain?
If you’re sending post – letters or packages – to loved ones within the UK, then here are the last dates to get those stamps on.
- Friday, December 21: Royal Mail Tracked 24®
- Saturday, December 22: Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed®
What were the last days to send post internationally?
Royal Mail International Standard (airmail) and International tracking signature services were available until December 18, 2018. Here was the full list of dates to look out for:
- Tuesday, December 4: Africa, Middle East
- Friday, December 7: Cyprus, Malta, Asia, Far East, Eastern Europe (except Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia)
- Saturday, December 8: Caribbean, Central and South America
- Monday, December 10: Greece, Turkey, Australia, New Zealand
- Friday, December 14: Canada, Czech Republic, Italy, Poland and USA
- Saturday, December 15: Finland, Sweden
- Monday, December 17: Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland
- Tuesday, December 18: Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg
If you want to send post overseas via Royal Mail International Economy, you’ve sadly missed all the dates.
What about post to the Armed Forces?
HM Forces mail/BFPO cut off dates were:
- Monday, November 26: Operational HM forces
- Friday, December 14: Static HM forces
What if I am waiting for a letter or package this Christmas?
Royal Mail will operate a normal delivery service until close of business on Saturday, December 22, 2018, as well as a normal Saturday collection service.
As usual, there is no Sunday service on December 23.
Christmas Eve – Monday, December 24 – will be normal deliveries and "Saturday style" collections.
There will be no delivery or collection while the postal service takes a break for Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Normal services will resume on December 27 but only until December 29.
There will be no services as usual on Sunday, December 30.
New Year’s Eve will see normal deliveries and a Saturday style collection service in operation, with no services on New Year’s Day anywhere in the UK.
It’ll be business as usual from Wednesday, January 2, 2019 – except Scotland, where there will be a Bank Holiday.
Normal postal services will be back in action for the whole of the UK on January 3, 2019.
Source: Read Full Article