Ryan Adams pleads for a second chance: ‘I know I’m damaged goods’

Ryan Adams pleads for a second chance: ‘I know I’m damaged goods’

More On:

ryan adams

Mandy Moore slams publication, has ‘no further comment’ on Ryan Adams

Ryan Adams cleared in FBI investigation into underage sexts

Mandy Moore says ex-husband Ryan Adams should have apologized privately

Newly sober Ryan Adams apologizes in open letter to women he ‘mistreated’

Ryan Adams wants a “second chance” in the music industry.

The 46-year-old recording star is begging for a record label to sign him after he was drummed out of the industry in the wake of allegations he emotionally abused his ex-wife, Mandy Moore, and sexually mistreated other women, including rocker Phoebe Bridgers, according to a report in NME Thursday.

“Please if someone takes a chance on me and this music I’ll bust my ass to support it,” he wrote in a now-deleted Instagram post, according to the outlet.

“Sorry to sound desperate.”

The “Do You Still Love Me” singer had already made a lengthy apology for his actions in July 2020, but he said in his new screed that his career was still in ruin.

“I know I’m damaged goods,” he wrote. “I know I am and they aren’t the ideal thing, but I had a label interested for months and they wasted my time. I’m months from losing my label, studio and my home.

“I just really want a second chance to make some music — maybe help other people believe you can get up out of the gutter and be something. I’m 46 and scared I’m gonna be living in my sisters basement. If you are a label and interested please let me know [sic].”

He added that he “already got dropped by Capitol twice” is hoping that “maybe someone still cares.”

Moore, 37, was married to Adams from 2009 until 2016 and described the relationship as “an entirely unhealthy dynamic.”

“I would do little jobs — it’s not like I completely stopped working,” she said at the time. “But it would become abundantly clear while I was working, things would completely fall apart at home. I couldn’t do my job because there was a constant stream of trying to pay attention to this person who needed me and wouldn’t let me do anything else.”

A federal investigation was launched in February 2019 after Adams reportedly sent sexts to an underage fan and his album was canceled as a result.

He was cleared of any wrongdoing in regard to the text message allegations by the FBI in January 2021.

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article