Mum’s ‘screams to wake up boy’ who died at Center Parcs indoor pool

Mum’s ‘screams to wake up boy’ who died at Center Parcs indoor pool

A mum screamed in a desperate attempt to wake up her son who died at an indoor pool in Center Parcs, witnesses say.

The youngster was reportedly "taken ill" while using the pool, before staff desperately tried to save his life with a number of resuscitation attempts.

An air ambulance was also sent to the resort, but sadly the child, whose age is unknown, passed away.

An eyewitness said the boy was "upstairs" using the slide when he said "something hurt before he fell unconscious".

She added: "Us and about 20 other people saw this happen on Saturday, worst thing I’ve ever witnessed and have not been able to get the boy and his family out of my head, or his mum's screaming for him to wake up.

"Center Parcs handled it terribly and there was children and adults coming up to use the slides and outdoor area while the boy was lying dead on the floor.

"There was no boards up anywhere to offer support to the people who witnessed it or anything, it all just carried on as normal they didn’t even shut the pool.

"And a member of the public administered CPR because the lifeguards were taking too long to come.

Have you been affected by this story? Email [email protected]

"I’m glad someone went to the papers cos I’ve been debating it just didn’t want to upset the family.

"Awful. Rest in peace little man I’m so sorry that happened to you."

Another witness said there had been "intense resuscitation attempts by staff".

They said: "It was reported to us that sadly a child had passed away.

"There had been some very intense resuscitation attempts by staff.

"I have been shocked and surprised that no acknowledgment or information was given by Center Parcs.

"Everyone was very upset and anxious about the pool area.

"Center Parcs did not even acknowledge the event anywhere."

An air ambulance was sent and South West Ambulance Service confirmed they sent two rapid response cars and an ambulance.

Center Parcs since confirmed the death but have not released any further details.

A statement said: "We are deeply saddened by the tragic news that a young guest passed away after becoming unwell whilst at Longleat Forest.

"Our thoughts are with the family at this difficult time.


Source: Read Full Article