A mum-of-three says her family holiday was ruined after claiming a beautician left her with “Angry Birds” eyebrows.
Colline Rees splashed a whopping £3,000 on the week-long family trip to Tenerife and went to get the beauty treatment the day before she flew out.
The customer says she was left with botched brows which left her way too embarrassed to pose in family holiday snaps.
She was unable to go swimming because she couldn’t get her eyebrows wet when she went on vacation with her husband Julian and their three boys Bailey, Morgan and Ashton.
The horrified mum said: “I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. All my close friends and family were saying I look like something out of the Angry Birds game.”
Colline, from South Wales, regularly gets her brows done in her home town after having suffered from alopecia as a teenager which affected her hair growth.
She said the beautician who normally treats her eyebrows was busy, so instead, Colline had a young trainee do the job.
Plastic surgery fan who spent £15k on 'extreme' look says men 'go crazy' for her
Model with unibrow flooded with texts from men who would do ‘anything’ to date her
After the treatment, she said the trainee needed to put some pencil in her eyebrows, but when she looked up, she saw most of her left eyebrow missing.
Colline said: “I was mortified, absolutely horrified. I said to the girl ‘Are you kidding me, is this a joke?’”
The mum said the worker told her she was sorry that she had messed up, but that she was left hysterically crying asking for someone to fix it.
According to Colline, another beautician stepped in and offered to resolve the waxing disaster by using a bit of tint.
So when she sat up for a second time to look, she said it resembled two thick black slugs above her eyes.
The mum started to cry and stormed out of the salon to FaceTime her sister Paula, who was equally horrified by the eyebrows.
Woman rushed to A&E after she glued her armpit together while waxing it
She tried desperately to remove the black dye off with wet wipes in her car, but it was too late because they had dried instantly.
To make matters worse, Colline said the dye was applied straight to her skin which left her with a swollen face after having an allergic reaction.
She decided to ask Facebook for help, which is when a make-up artist friend came to her rescue.
After the incident, it took the mum nine months for her eyebrows to grow back completely.
Collins said: “We were so excited to be able to fly somewhere new as we always just go on holiday in Wales.
“I was devastated, it stopped me from enjoying the holiday. We have to work hard to go on holiday and it was just destroyed. And I’ll never go to a salon to get my eyebrows done again.”
Source: Read Full Article