There are plenty of dosh-saving deals for older folk.
Here are a few to make the grey pound go further.
- Big-screen savings. The Odeon cinema group has special Silver Cinema movies on Tuesdays and Thursdays, when you can get a movie ticket, tea, coffee and biscuits for a bargain £3.
Vue also has discounted screenings with a free cuppa.
Save: £9 on an average £12 Odeon ticket price.
- Score-ching offer. Taking the grandkids to the footie can be pricey but lots of top clubs have big discounts for you.
For example, Leeds United have special tickets for just £23, while grandkids can go for only £8. Check your local club.
Save: £11 on a full-price ticket.
- Points mean prizes. When shopping for own-brand products at Boots, use your Boots Advantage card and earn ten points per £1 compared to the regular four, with its More Treats For Over-60s scheme. With each point worth a penny, it soon adds up.
Save: A £1 in-store spend for every £10 spent in Boots.
- Fare deal. If you’re 60 or over you can get a Senior Railcard for £30 a year and save a whopping third off train fares. If you book a seat 12 weeks in advance the fare is even less.
Prefer a coach? Get a National Express Senior Coachcard for £12.50 (+£2.50 p&p) and save a third on standard fares for 12 months.
Save: £27.70 on an advanced rail ticket from Bristol to Newcastle.
- Discount dinner. Pop into a Hungry Horse pub restaurant on weekdays and the Golden Years menu includes a tasty two-course meal for only £4.70, with kids’ meals starting at £3.29.
Save: £3.45 with the deal
UNLEASH your inner Scary Spice with leopard print slingback heels from Deichmann, £19.99, instead of Gianvito Rossi’s pricier designer version, £625.
Reader's saving tip
KIMBERLEY WASSELL, from Sapcote, Leics, says: “Instead of freezing a loaf of bread whole, make packages of four to six slices. That way you can just defrost the amount of bread you need.”
- Send your hints to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is published. Please include your name and town.
Shop & save
IT’S never too early to plan for Easter. Stock up your freezer with hot cross buns from M&S. £1 for four, was £1.50. Ends tomorrow.
Hot right now
ASDA’S unicorn marshmallow ice cream is flying off shelves and tastes incredible.
It’s just £2.
SATISFY your sweet tooth with a third off Cadbury mini eggs, mini Oreo Eggs and mini Daim Eggs, now £1 at Costcutters. Were £1.49.
Deal of the day
AVEENO Baby Daily Care toiletries are up to half price at Boots. This moisturising lotion is now £2.99, was £5.99. Ends on Tuesday.
My Sun Savers fiver
SUSAN CULL from Eastleigh, Hants, says: “I am saving my Savers fivers to help towards the cost of petrol when I go on holiday.”
- Send your Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is published. Please include your name and town.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.
Source: Read Full Article