Meghan and Harry latest news – Palace 'TERRIFIED about couple cashing in from Netflix and Spotify' as they avoid Queen

Meghan and Harry latest news – Palace 'TERRIFIED about couple cashing in from Netflix and Spotify' as they avoid Queen

PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle have left Buckingham Palace terrified for its reputation after striking multi-million pound commercial deals, royal experts have claimed.

According to the Pod Save the Queen podcast, the Palace is "nervous" at the megabucks deals with Netflix, Spotify and Meghan's investment in a coffee brand as cashing in so shamelessly isn't in line with royal values.

The claims come as it was revealed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex may not attend the Queen's 95th birthday parade due to the Covid pandemic.

The LA-based pair were invited to attend in what would be the first royal reunion since Megxit as it's both a "family occasion" and an official event.

But a source close to the couple told the Telegraph: "It's a little presumptuous for any of us to be speculating about whether we can travel anywhere this summer."

Follow our Meghan and Harry live blog below for the very latest news on the couple and the Royal Family

  • Katie Davis

    WHEN DID HARRY AND MEGHAN MOVE TO AMERICA?

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their young son Archie spent six weeks in Canada between November 2019 and January 2020.

    The couple left Archie with a nanny to briefly return to the UK to sort a deal for their relinquishing of royal responsibilities, before heading back to Vancouver Island.

    Yet, the coronavirus pandemic pushed up their plans to settle, moving to Malibu in Los Angeles in March to avoid the borders between USA and Canada closing for all non-essential travel.

    Meghan and Harry moved once again, this time getting their own place as they begin to settle to life in USA.

    And they didn't go cheap, nor small – splashing out over £11.5million ($14.65m) on a beautiful mansion in the Montecito neighbourhood in Santa Barbara, California in June 2020.

  • Katie Davis

    COUPLE'S MULTI-MILLION POUND DEALS

    After confirming 12 months ago that they were waving goodbye to draughty British palaces and grinding duties in the rain-lashed UK, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have made a number of independent financial decisions.

    In March, the Palace agreed Harry and Meghan should enter a 12-month probationary period before a review of what future part in the Royal Family they might play. 

    The pair have since landed a number of lucrative deals for their future, including a £100million Netflix win and a £30million Spotify podcast of their own.

  • Katie Davis

    WHAT IS MEGXIT AND WHEN DID IT HAPPEN?

    Last January, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made the bombshell announcement that they would be "stepping down" as senior royals.

    It led to a meeting between member of the royal family, dubbed the Sandringham Summit.

    The Queen then issued a rare first-person statement on her family.

    By January 18, an agreement had been reached and it was announcement the couple would no longer be working members of the royal family, and would not use their Royal Highness styles.

  • Katie Davis

    MEGHAN AND HARRY HOPE 2021 WILL BE 'TIME OF HEALING'

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have hope 2021 is a “time of healing for their family”, a source told People.

    A close friend of the royal couple spoke to the magazine about their year away from the UK after Megxit.

    Sources say William was stunned at Harry’s decision to throw away his duty and service to the crown, and furious that the Queen had been backed into a corner.

    But in the latest interview on Harry and Meghan, the source said: “Family disagreements tend to lose heat with distance and time.

    “[They] are hoping 2021 can be a time of healing not just for the world but for their family.”

  • Katie Davis

    PRINCE HARRY 'HAS NO MEGXIT REGRETS'

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry "don't regret" Megxit, as the royal is "finally doing what he wanted to do".

    A source told People they "love" their newfound freedom to work on special projects and life away from the "firm".

    Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, stepped down as senior royals last year in a bombshell announcement.

    A source close to the couple told the magazine: "Meghan and Harry took a huge leap of faith to embark on their new life.

    "Despite everything that has been going on this year, they don’t regret their move to the US."

  • Katie Davis

    FERGIE'S RACY ROMANCE NOVEL HAS 'PARALLELS' TO HER OWN LIFE

    The Duchess of York is writing a racy romance for Mills & Boon – and promises to include “scandal” and “parallels to her own life.”

    Sarah Ferguson, previously married to disgraced royal Prince Andrew, will publish Her Heart For A Compass in August.

    She exclusively told The Sun: “Everybody loves a fairytale. I lived a fairytale myself by marrying a Prince. People want to be taken out of their everyday life at a time of anxiety and isolation.”

    Fergie’s inspiration for the romance came from the life of her great-great-aunt, Lady Margaret Montagu Douglas Scott, whose parents were close friends of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert.

    But despite the historical setting, the Duchess, 61, confirmed her royal romance won’t be too chaste.

  • Katie Davis

    CONTINUED – WILLS WARNING

    The medic, who now works as a consultant surgeon at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals in Essex, also said one day Diana told him she would be having no more contact with the reporter.

    He said that when he asked why, she revealed it was down to WIlliam's warning.

    Mr Khan said: "I could certainly believe it, because the boys were central to everything she did."

    He added: "[Bashir] filled her head with rubbish, such as that stuff about the nanny being pregnant with Charles’s child.

    "Of course I am not naïve. I knew that there was a part of Diana that wanted to give an interview but my question is if Martin Bashir had not been there persuading her, would she ever have done it?"

  • Katie Davis

    WILLIAM TOLD DIANA 'MUMMY, BASHIR ISN'T A GOOD PERSON'

    Prince William told Diana Martin Bashir "isn't a good person" after her infamous BBC interview, the Princess's ex-boyfriend has claimed.

    Hasnat Khan, the surgeon Diana dated for two years before her death, has revealed a teenage William was the one who finally convinced her to cut ties with the BBC reporter.

    Mr Khan said while it was Diana's "vulnerability" that endeared her to the public, it was this same vulnerability that Bashir "preyed on" in order to clinch his Panorama interview.

    In a rare interview, Mr Khan told the Daily Mail: "[William] hated the Panorama interview and told her she had made a mistake, which had upset her.

    "But he was very direct and said 'Mummy, he’s not a good person.'"

  • Katie Davis

    KATE 'SURPRISED' BY MEGHAN AND HARRY'S BIRTHDAY GIFTS

    Kate Middleton was reportedly "taken aback" when she received a surprise from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on her birthday.

    The Duchess of Cambridge celebrated her 39th birthday with Prince William and their three children on January 9.

    But Kate was "surprised" when she received a "thoughtful" card and several presents from Prince Harry and Meghan.

    A source told Us Weekly: "It was a nice surprise. Kate wasn't expecting anything from the couple."

  • Katie Davis

    QUEEN 'KEEN' TO RETURN TO ENGAGEMENTS

    The Queen is preparing to return to in person engagements after receiving her coronavirus jab.

    The monarch, 94 and Duke of Edinburgh, 99 were vaccinated on Saturday.

    The monarch is said to be looking forward to resuming royal duties once the lockdown is lifted, a source told Vanity Fair.

    “There’s a keenness for Her Majesty to get back to doing what she does best, being visible,” the source said. 

  • Katie Davis

    MEGHAN SETS SIGHTS ON 'WRITING A BOOK'

    She may have signed lucrative deals with Spotify and Netflix this year – but it now appears that Meghan Markle has her sights set on writing a book.

    Speaking to the Mail on Sunday, an insider claims the Duchess of Sussex wants to follow in Prince Charles and Sarah Ferguson's footsteps and give fiction writing a go.

    An insider said: "Fiction is something she has always wanted to try her hand at, and she could be assured that anything she writes would sell well, regardless of its quality.

    "Fiction, be it children's books or adult, would be a powerful way of conveying the messages of their woke brand."

  • Katie Davis

    HARRY AND MEGHAN'S BID TO CREATE COMEDY SHOWS

    Harry and Meghan could be laughing all the way to the bank — by creating their own comedy shows.

    The couple want to make and sell funny programmes along with dramas and thrillers.

    Animations and children’s series could also feature if the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are granted permission to establish a TV and film company.

    They have filed documents with the UK’s Intellectual Property Office for trademark protection for Archewell Productions.

    A source said: “Meghan and Harry’s approach to their TV ambitions has always been serious — but it’s hard to imagine them coming up with the next Only Fools and Horses.”

  • Becky Pemberton

    MEGHAN AND HARRY ARE IN A GOOD PLACE AFTER MEGXIT

    The pair are happy with their new life in the US and feel their Archewell organisation is doing "amazing things".

    A source has said: "After a very turbulent 12 months for everyone in the world and massive changes of moving country and all the rest of it, they have also been very vocal about what they have gone through in their own personal life.

    "They have a house. They have created the financial independence that they were after.

    "They have launched their organisation and their organisation is under way doing amazing things already.

    "And so I think that they are in a very good place."

    Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, now live in an £11 million home in Montecito, California, with their 20-month-old son Archie Mountbatten-Windsor.

  • Becky Pemberton

    MEGHAN AND HARRY HAVE DEALT WITH FOUR BIGGEST ISSUES SINCE MEGXIT

    Meghan and Prince Harry have dealt with the four biggest issues ahead of the 12-month Megxit review, a source has revealed.

    They claimed the pair have already settled the most pressing concerns about their life away from the royal family.

    When Harry and Meghan stepped down as working royals last year, it was on the condition that the prince would meet with the Queen at a later date to discuss how the arrangement was working.

    That was due to be on March 31 this year, but as Covid ravages the UK, a ban on non-essential travel has been imposed.

    However a source told Newsweek: "The 12-month review was mostly a period of time when the transition could take place.

    "The biggest things that were part of it were around financial independence, household support and staff, security and housing – all of which have been dealt with."

  • Becky Pemberton

    MEGHAN OFFICIALLY MISSES CHANCE OF BECOMING A BRIT AS SHE DIDN'T SPEND ENOUGH TIME IN THE UK

    Meghan has officially lost out on becoming a Brit.

    She was required to live in the UK for three years before applying for citizenship and legally qualifying for a British passport.

    But since both Megxit AND Brexit, the Duchess has lost her chance, DailyMail.com reports.

    Under Home Office rules, Meghan could have qualified by November 2020.

    But the move to America saw her spending more than 270 days out of the UK, nullifying the arrangement.

  • Becky Pemberton

    WILLIAM AND HARRY HAVE 'RECONNECTED OVER ZOOM CALLS'

    William and Harry reportedly "reconnected" over Christmas when they exchanged presents.

    The brothers are now "regularly video calling" each other, according to a royal expert.

    William and Harry did not speak for several months after the Sussexes split from the Royal Family in January.

    Harry admitted the brothers were on "different paths".

    But Royal expert Katie Nicholl told Entertainment Tonight: "Fast forward to today, the relationship is much better than it was. 

    "For a start, they are on talking terms, and not only on talking terms, they do speak relatively regularly. 

    "They were very much in touch over the holidays."

  • Becky Pemberton

    HARRY HAS GROWN OUT HAIR INTO A PONYTAIL, SAYS NEIGHBOUR

    Since he quit the Royal Family and moved to LA with Meghan Markle, royal fans have enjoyed seeing a more causal side to Prince Harry.

    But according to his A-list neighbour Rob Lowe, the Prince has taken a more relaxed approach to his hair and allegedly grown a ponytail.

    Appearing on The Late Late Late Show with James Corden, The West Wing actor, 56, claimed he'd just seen the Prince driving through their neighbourhood Montecito.

    Rob claimed: "He lives about a mile from me. He's been very reclusive. Seeing him in the neighborhood is like seeing the Loch Ness Monster, and I finally saw him. I finally saw him driving his car.

    Describing how he had a "scoop" for James, the star continued: "It was very, very quick – don't totally quote me on it – but it looked like he's wearing a ponytail.

    "I'm just saying. It looked to me as a casual observer that his hair had grown very long and was pulled back very tightly by what I can only assume was a ponytail."

    Here's how it could look…

  • Becky Pemberton

    MEGHAN AND HARRY KEEP SOUNDCLOUD ACCOUNTS OPEN DESPITE VOWING TO QUIT SOCIAL MEDIA

    Meghan has claimed she is not on social media and says she was the most trolled person of 2019.

    But the pair still follow each other on their Soundcloud accounts online – where users share music.

    Meghan, 39, used the profile name Bogart&Guy and has 48 followers – including her hubby.

    The account – which includes Joni Mitchell and Etta James was named after her pet dogs.

    Harry, 36, secretly joined Soundcloud as SpikeyMau5 'Barry Sales' and followed Meg shortly after they started dating.

    The prince last logged into his music account, which includes tracks by Bob Marley, last year.

  • Becky Pemberton

    MEGHAN AND HARRY LAUNCH BID FOR COMEDY SHOWS

    Harry and Meghan could be laughing all the way to the bank — by creating their own comedy shows.

    The couple want to make and sell funny programmes along with dramas and thrillers.

    Animations and children’s series could also feature if the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are granted permission to establish a TV and film company.

    They have already signed money-spinning deals with streaming channels Netflix and Spotify for documentaries and podcasts.

    Now they have filed documents with the UK’s Intellectual Property Office for trademark protection for Archewell Productions.

    A source said: “Meghan and Harry’s approach to their TV ambitions has always been serious — but it’s hard to imagine them coming up with the next Only Fools and Horses.”

  • Becky Pemberton

    MEGHAN AND HARRY MAY NOT BE AT THE QUEEN'S 95TH BIRTHDAY PARADE

    Meghan and Prince Harry may not attend the Queen's 95th birthday parade due to the Covid pandemic.

    The pair, who now live in LA, have been invited to attend as it's both a "family occasion" and an official event.

    The Queen invited the pair to her celebrations on June 12, in the first royal reunion since Megxit.

    But a source close to the couple told the Telegraph: "It's a little presumptuous for any of us to be speculating about whether we can travel anywhere this summer."

    They distanced the pair from reports saying they had "set their sights on a return to Britain" and attending "lots of family events".

  • Catriona Graffius

    HOW THE SUSSEXES GOT MEGXIT DONE

    In a whirl of vegan lattes and eye-wateringly lucrative media deals, they’ve attempted to get Megxit done.

    Ensconced in their £11million, sun-drenched California mansion, Harry and Meghan’s search for “financial independence” from the House of Windsor seems to have gone to plan.

    After confirming 12 months ago that they were waving goodbye to draughty British palaces and grinding duties in the rain-lashed UK, they have secured a rumoured £100million Netflix deal and another said to be worth £30million from music streaming site Spotify.

    Harry, Meghan and baby Archie, 20 months, appear to have settled seamlessly into family life in the celebrity playground of Santa Barbara.

    But how did they do it? Here we take a look at just how Meghan and Harry got Megxit done.

  • Catriona Graffius

    PRINCE CHARLES CALLS LEADERS TO SUPPORT 'TERRA CARTA' INITIATIVE

    Prince Charles has urged leaders to support a new climate change initiative Terra Carta.

    Speaking at the One Planet Summit, he said: "I am making an urgent appeal to leaders, from all sectors and from around the world to give their support to this ‘Terra Carta’.

    “Sustainability is a choice. If we make it a part of our core values it will define our purpose, determine our choices and drive our actions.

    “Whether as a business, an investor, an asset owner, or as a country, let us choose to make sustainability a core value.

    “Together we can build the sustainable and prosperous future our children and grandchildren deserve.”

  • Catriona Graffius

    WILLIAM AND HARRY ‘RECONNECTED’ OVER CHRISTMAS

    William and Harry reportedly “reconnected” over Christmas when they exchanged presents.

    The brothers are now “regularly video calling” each other, according to a royal expert.

    Royal expert Katie Nicholl told Entertainment Tonight: “Fast forward to today, the relationship is much better than it was. 

    “For a start, they are on talking terms, and not only on talking terms, they do speak relatively regularly. 

    “They were very much in touch over the holidays.”

  • Catriona Graffius

    QUEEN'S COUSIN FACES JAIL FOR SEX ATTACK

    The Queen's cousin is facing jail for a violent sex attack after breaking into a woman's room and groping her.

    Simon Bowes-Lyon, 34, made his way into the woman’s bedroom while she was asleep during an event he was hosting at his ancestral home Glamis Castle in Scotland.

    The drink-fuelled assault, which latest more than 20 minutes, included Bowes-Lyon repeatedly grabbing his victim inappropriately.

    Bowes-Lyon admitted to a charge of sexual assault at Dundee Crown Court yesterday.

    The aristocrat was granted bail yesterday, and placed on the sex offenders register as his sentence was deferred for reports.

  • Catriona Graffius

    IN PICUTRES: KATE MIDDLETON'S STYLE

    Over a decade after Kate and William announced their engagement, we look at the Duchess of Cambridge's style through the ages. Here's a sneak peek.

     

Source: Read Full Article