PREPARE to glam up as party season is fast approaching. And that means we have permission from the beauty gods to go OTT on just about everything — including our hair.
With work dos, family meet-ups and big Christmas bashes filling our diaries, it’s time to start pairing our glitzy outfits with suitably glam hairstyles. To upgrade your party look, we recruited the help of hairdresser to the stars ANDREW JOSE and his team. Follow their tips and you’ll be ready for that kiss under the mistletoe in no time.
Big 'n' bouncy
- Wrap dry hair around a heated curling wand, holding for five seconds away from face.
- Take a fine-tooth comb and backcomb small sections of the hair at the root.
- Use hairspray – try Lee Stafford Styling & Finishing Hold Tight Spray, £5.99, Boots
Twist 'n' shout
- Curl with a wand, then split off two sections of hair from the front of the head.
- Split each section into two, twisting them over one another, then secure.
- Tie twists behind head, removing the two ties from the individual twists. Let hair fall.
Glitz 'n' glam
- Split the hair into two with fingers from brow all the way around the back.
- Take three sections, plait hair by crossing left under middle, right under middle, until you reach crown. Secure.
- Apply mousse and sprinkle glitter, such as Primark’s Biodegradable Glitter pouch, £2.
Crown 'n' glory
- Grab hair near left ear. Split this handful of hair into three and start plaiting.
- Add rest of hair into each strand across front then past right ear, then plait the rest.
- Bring plait around the base of the neck then to top of the head. Secure with grips.
Source: Read Full Article