Susanna Reid shared fears for Richard Madeley just hours before I’m A Celebrity exit news

Susanna Reid shared fears for Richard Madeley just hours before I’m A Celebrity exit news

I’m A Celeb: Susanna Reid jokes about Richard Madeley’s trial

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Susanna Reid, 50, who often hosts Good Morning Britain alongside guest presenter Richard Madeley, 65, has spoken out on the worrying news that the I’m A Celebrity contestant was rushed to hospital this morning. The GMB star took to Twitter to send her love to her ITV co-host, sharing her concerns for his health.

Susanna shared an article about Richard’s medical emergency, after the presenter fell ill in Gwrych Castle, where the reality show is based.

She penned in view of her 837,000 followers this morning: “Sending love  – hope he’s feeling ok now.”

Susanna went on to praise Richard on his I’m A Celebrity stint so far, adding: “Doing brilliant job on #IACGMOOH and being supportive to everyone. 

“Get well soon Richard.”

Her comments came just hours before Richard confirmed he had to leave the series.

He explained in view of his 15,000 Instagram followers: “Hello all!

“Richard here – firstly just to say that I’m absolutely FINE. 

“I started to feel briefly unwell in the small hours of the morning and was taken to hospital as a precaution. 

“By leaving the camp, I had consequently broken the Covid ‘bubble’ and as such I’ve had to leave the castle and all the wonderful celebs that remain in the camp.

 

“Obviously I’m gutted to be leaving so soon but the safety of all the campmates is the number one priority. 

“I’m incredibly excited to watch their journey continue…even more so at the prospect of being somewhere a little warmer than Gwrych Castle.

“Thank you to everyone who supported me on my brief but completely unforgettable adventure – I’ve made some great friends and honestly had the time of my life. Speak soon, Richard x.”

Medics on the ITV show rushed to the camp in Gwrych Castle to attend to Richard.

DON’T MISS:
Naga Munchetty bids farewell to BBC Breakfast co-star amid final shift [COMMENT]
Brian May and Anita cosy up in matching outfits after difficult time [PICS]
Debbie McGee’s appearance on Strictly leaves viewers distracted [VIDEO]

A Welsh Ambulance Service spokesperson said of the incident: “We were called at 05.43am this morning, Thursday 25 November 2021, to reports of a medical emergency at Gwrych Castle in Abergele, Conwy.

“We sent a paramedic in a rapid response car and an emergency ambulance to the scene, and one patient was taken to hospital.”

“Richard was unwell in the early hours and was immediately seen by our on-site medical team,” an ITV spokesman added.

“He’s since been taken to hospital as a precaution, the health and safety of our campmates is our priority.”

Before falling ill, Richard took on a gruesome Bushtucker Trial in a bid to win food for the camp.

He dived into a sewer of rotten fruit and vegetables while hosts Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly urged him on.

The Castle Kitchen Nightmares trial saw the journalist attempt to uncover 10 hidden stars in a kitchen “full of castle critters” after a public vote.

Struggling with the task, Richard said on the show: “That’s seven tons of fruit, I’ll never find a star in here. 

“Oh, it’s freezing.

“Oh, this is really, really hard…there’s just no way of sorting the wheat from the [chaff].”

Richard eventually managed to grab four out of 10 stars, which earned him and his campmates an evening meal of squirrel.

Source: Read Full Article