Prince Harry Says Social Media Is to Blame for the Capitol Riot

Prince Harry Says Social Media Is to Blame for the Capitol Riot

Prince Harry knows a thing or two about the pitfalls of social media. A source close to the royal family told The Times of London that it’s “very unlikely” that Harry and Meghan Markle will have an online presence because of the“hate” they’ve received. In the aftermath of the Capitol riot earlier this month, Harry spoke to Fast Company about how he believes “dominant online platforms have contributed to and stoked the conditions for a crisis of hate, a crisis of health and a crisis of truth.”

On January 6, Trump’s supporters breaching the U.S. Capitol building. In the attack, people were injured, killed, and high-ranking politicians’ lives were threatened. Harry is drawing a connection between the spread of misinformation and the increase in radicalism.

After the riot, Trump was blocked on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and the FBI is also using social media to find the rioters and make arrests since many were sharing their plans online.

Source: Read Full Article