Karen Clifton has doubled down on her accusations a barber shop discriminated against her by refusing to cut her hair because she is a woman.
The 36-year-old Strictly Come Dancing star was on the receiving end of cruel comments after breaking down in tears because she was rejected for a hair cut.
But Karen isn’t backing down and hinted she has no regrets for calling out a male hair barber salon for refusing to serve her.
Taking to Instagram on Monday, Karen made her thoughts and feelings on the matter clear for all to see as she posted a caption on Instagram.
“I’m not in favor of any discrimination of any form,” the star said via the bold typed message.
Fans rallied around Karen – and said anyone who has criticised her for her tears should learn to show more compassion.
“My heart goes out to you. No way you should have been treated like this xx hope your ok . Hope the barbers are ashamed of therselves,” one fan wrote.
Although others suggested there are bigger issues in the world, with one writing: “That just happened in NZ for the poor families of the victims of a mad man. Put a line under it @karencliftonofficialand move on! #dramaqueen.”
Karen had taken to Instagram earlier in the day and sparked a sexism row when she slammed a shop for refusing to cut her hair due to her gender.
The dancer broke down in tears on Instagram as she claimed she'd been turned away from Jack’s of London, in Wimbledon.
In the tearful video, she explained: "I was told 'the owner doesn’t allow women to get their hair cut here.’ I felt really c**p because this has never really happened to me before. This is ridiculous and I’ve never felt this before and I’ve never experienced this before and it’s not right.”
Showbiz editor's picks
Source: Read Full Article